Postdoc Position in Agro-emission mitigation is available at Department of Biological and Chemical Engineering, Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Jun 21, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Chemical Engineering|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Biological and Chemical Engineering|
|Contract Period||2 Year|
|Starting date||Oct 01, 2021|
PhD in Chemical Engineering or similar. The successful candidate should have competences within:
- Experimental emission research and quantification of emission mitigation
- Online measurement systems including mass spectrometry and cavity ring-down spectroscopy
- Physical and chemical liquid waste characterization
- Handling of complex/time-resolved datasets including statistical data treatment
- Scientific writing and written English as documented by publication of peer-reviewed research articles
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The applicant will be active in a project aiming at identifying and optimizing additives for minimizing greenhouse gas emissions from the manure management chain. The tasks involved include development of methods and setups for testing additives and experimental simulations of slurry storage under different conditions. State-of-the-art analytical methods and data treatment will be applied to the laboratory setup aiming at monitoring of relevant volatile emissions. The project involves close collaboration with external partners and is an important contribution to the green transition in agricultural production.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE button mentioned above.
The application must be in English and include
- A curriculum vitae
- Degree certificate
- A complete list of publications
- A statement of future research plans and information about research activities
- Teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any). Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
About Research project
The successful candidate is employed in the Section of Environmental Engineering, which is a part of Department of Biotechnology and Chemical Engineering. Researchers in the section develops environmental technologies as well as models of physical, chemical, and biological processes that are important for environmental quality. The research activities contribute to better management of animal manure and bio-waste through generation of new knowledge and quantification of mitigation effects. Emission of ammonia, greenhouse gases, VOC and sulfur compounds from manure management and biogas production for energy recovery from organic wastes have been the main applications to date. The work in this group depends on knowledge of chemistry, microbial transformations in natural and engineered ecosystems, mass transfer, data analysis, and computer programming.
About the Department
The department and section offers:
- a well-developed research infrastructure, laboratories and access to shared equipment
- an exciting interdisciplinary environment with many national, international and industrial collaborators
- a research climate encouraging lively, open and critical discussion within and across different fields of research
- a work environment with close working relationships, networking and social activities
- a workplace characterised by professionalism, equality and a healthy work-life balance.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background. Research activities will be evaluated in relation to actual research time. Thus, we encourage applicants to specify periods of leave without research activities, in order to be able to subtract these periods from the span of the scientific career during the evaluation of scientific productivity.
Head of Section, Anders Feilberg,
Tel:+45 3089 6099
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday June 22nd, 2021 (GMT+9)