Postdoc for protein research related to SORL1 and Alzheimer’s disease is available at the Department of Biomedicine, Aarhus University, Denmark.
Deadline to Apply
Jun 22, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Biomedicine|
– Proteins Engineering
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Biomedicine,|
Aarhus University, Denmark.
|Contract Period||1 Year|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021 or ASAP|
- You have a background within protein research and assay development, preferable related targets of neurodegenerative disorders, and less than 5 years of postdoctoral experience
- Experience with standard cell and molecular biology techniques is required
- Experience with recombinant protein production and purification, protein engineering, viral vectors, advanced microscopy and imaging, and work with neurons will be considered an advantage
- As a person, you have good interpersonal skills, are friendly and helpful and able to contribute to a good work environment
- We expect you to be fluent in oral and written English
Responsibilities/ Job Description
- Your primary task is research but may also involve teaching assignments. You contribute to the development of the department through teaching and research of high international quality. In your daily work, you have a close interaction with competent colleagues, and being part of an internationally recognized research group.
Your main tasks will consist of:
- Development of a cell-based assay to study SORL1 activity
- Investigate pathogenicity of SORL1 variants
- Establishing recombinant protein expression and purification
- Supervision of pregraduate colleagues
How to Apply?
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE button mentioned above.
Your application must include the following:
- Motivated application
- Curriculum Vitae
- A list of publications
- A teaching portfolio. We refer to Guideline on the use of teaching portfolios
- A maximum of five of the publications of greatest relevance to the job may be submitted
- Template for applicant – postdoc must be completed and uploaded under ‘Extra documents’
- Strategic research plan can be uploaded
- Coauthor statement(s) can be uploaded
- References/recommendations can be uploaded separately in the e-recruitment system
About the Department
We offer a vibrant international research environment where English is the preferred language in the laboratory, at meetings and at seminars. The Department employs some 450 people and covers a range of research areas within Biomedicine. We contribute to the Bachelor’s degree programs in medicine, molecular medicine, odontology and the Master’s degree programs in biomedical engineering and medical chemistry. Our infrastructure is well developed with modern laboratories, core and animal facilities. You will work either in the brand new ‘Skou Building’ or similar as we are in the process of modernizing our old facilities.
- We expect to conduct interviews in week 26.
- All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background.
- Letter of reference: If you want a referee to upload a letter of reference on your behalf, please state the referee’s contact information when you submit your application. We strongly recommend that you make an agreement with the person in question before you enter the referee’s contact information, and that you ensure that the referee has enough time to write the letter of reference before the application deadline.
- Unfortunately, it is not possible to ensure that letters of reference received after the application deadline will be taken into consideration.
Associated professor Olav Andersen,
E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
RE-ADVERTISEMENT: Postdoc for protein research related to SORL1 and Alzheimer’s disease
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday June 23rd, 2021 (GMT+9)