Postdoc Position in Marine Restoration in Vejle Fjord is available at the Department of Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark.
Deadline to Apply
Jun 18, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Biology|
– Marine Biology
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Biology|
University of Southern Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Year|
|Starting date||Jul 01, 2021|
- PhD degree who have experience with one or several of the above presented marine measures
- The candidate should expect to spend time on project management, performing measurements in the field, and in laboratories at the department
- As the restoration activities are located on depths from 1-5 metres, diving experience and a professional certificate is needed.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Focus is on the following marine measures:
1) Establishment of barrier stone reefs for improving marine biodiversity and providing physical protection of restored eelgrass patches in the vicinity;
2) Eelgrass restoration for sequestering carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus and improving the biomass and diversity of benthic fauna;
3) Dispersion of filter feeding blue mussels to provide a better water transparency and benthic light conditions.
How to Apply?
Applications must be submitted electronically using the link “Apply online”. Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format. Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb. We strongly recommend that you read How to apply before you apply.
The application must include the following:
• A curriculum vitae including information on previous employment.
• A full list of publications stating the scientific publications on which the applicant wishes to rely.
About Research project
The postdoc will be the daily coordinator of the research related to the development/improvement of environmental conditions in Vejle Fjord after applying marine measures. Focus will be on changes in ecosystem services associated with altered fauna food web structure and biodiversity following the establishment of stone reefs and eelgrass beds.
About the Department
Department of Biology is seeking to recruit a postdoc for an ongoing comparative study of ecosystem services performed by implementation of multiple marine measures in Vejle Fjord. The position is for three years and is supported by the Velux Foundation.
- Applications will be assessed by an expert assessor/committee. Applicants will be informed of their assessment by the university.
- Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
Mogens R. Flindt
Tel.: +45 6550 2606
Post expires at 8:59am on Saturday June 19th, 2021 (GMT+9)