Postdoc Position in nutrition and physiology of lactating sows /suckling piglets is available at Department of Animal Science, Aarhus University, Denmark.
Deadline to Apply
Jun 29, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Animal Science|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Animal Science,|
Aarhus University, Denmark
|Contract Period||1.5 Year|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021|
- Academic qualifications at PhD level in animal science
- Research experience in nutrition/physiology of lactating sows/suckling piglets with a focus on piglet survival and milk intake.
- Excellent skills in scientific communication of research results
- The candidate is expected to be able to read, write and speak Danish within 1.5 years.
- Candidate with a strong background in nutrition/physiology of lactating sows/suckling piglets and with an interest in developing nutritional strategies for hyperprolific sows.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The candidate is expected to take part in initiatives in an interdisciplinary research environment together with national and international research teams and industry partners and to contribute to attract external funding. The post doc will participate in knowledge exchange with society and industry and is expected to teach and supervise students at the Bachelor, Master and PhD levels.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE button mentioned above.
The application must be in English and include
- A curriculum vitae
- Degree certificate
- A complete list of publications, a statement of future research plans and information about research activities, teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any). Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
About the Department
The Department of Animal Science aims at a future livestock production, which is sustainable in relation to environment and climate impact as well as production economy.
- All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background. Research activities will be evaluated in relation to actual research time. Thus, we encourage applicants to specify periods of leave without research activities, in order to be able to subtract these periods from the span of the scientific career during the evaluation of scientific productivity.
- Letter of reference: If you want a referee to upload a letter of reference on your behalf, please state the referee’s contact information when you submit your application. We strongly recommend that you make an agreement with the person in question before you enter the referee’s contact information, and that you ensure that the referee has enough time to write the letter of reference before the application deadline. Unfortunately, it is not possible to ensure that letters of reference received after the application deadline will be taken into consideration.
Head of Nutrition Research unit
Jan V. Nørgaard
Tel. +45 50718795
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday June 30th, 2021 (GMT+9)