Postdoc position in Condition and Health Monitoring of Power Electronic Converters, At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Energy Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 22, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Condition and Health Monitoring, Power electronic converters|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Energy Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark|
|Contract Period||1 Year|
As a formal qualification, you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent).
The candidates will be expected to document strong expertise covering the following areas:
- Failure mechanisms of semiconductors and passive components for power electronic applications
- Condition monitoring of power electronic converters
- Power electronic hardware prototype design and testing
- Experiences in securing research grants and developing industry-oriented prototypes are a plus.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The research will be primarily on developing non-invasive methods for the operation condition and health status estimation of power electronic converters.
Teaching will primarily be in Reliability of Power Electronic Systems, but also in other study programmes at the University.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button above
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
About Department of Energy Technology
The Department of Energy Technology is a dynamic engineering research department in continuous growth and inspiring surroundings. The department has a very international environment and covers all areas of clean and sustainable energy systems of the future within electrical, thermal and mechatronic energy technology. The department has campuses in both Aalborg and Esbjerg. The mission is to be world leading in both research and research-based education of the energy engineers of the future. The department has approx. 300 employees of many nationalities, of which 24 are administrative staff. In addition, the department constantly has approx. 50-70 guest researchers from around the world. Research and teaching are in the absolute world elite in the field of energy, and we have extensive and leading workshop and laboratory facilities, where research and innovation are carried out in direct collaboration with industry to a great extent
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics. The first 3 months of your employment is a trial period.
Professor Huai Wang
Phone: +45 9940 3816
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday April 23rd, 2021 (GMT+9)