Food Technology – Postdoc position in digital twins of food processing, at DTU FOOD, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 20, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Food Technology|
– Food Process Engineering
– Chemical Engineering
– Bio-process Engineering
|Salary||According to standard norms|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||July 2021|
Candidates must hold a PhD degree in the area of Food Technology, Food Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Bio-process Engineering.
Prefered skills, knowledge and experience includes:
- Strong competence in transport phenomena
- Experience with modelling of food processing unit operations
- Solid experience with experimental analysis such as DSC, rheology, chromatography.
- Experience in machine learning (e.g., ANN, deep learning) and Matlab and COMSOL Multiphysics
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility for progress and quality of Projects
- Experience in application of external research funding is an advantage
- Advanced writing and oral presentation skills in English.
We will in particular consider:
- Research impact and research experience on mathematical modelling and food processing
- Research vision and potential of the ideas outlined
- An international profile and network
- Portfolios of previous research, teaching, innovation and scientific advice activities.
- Internal and external collaboration
- Working and communication skills in English
Responsibilities/ Job Description
DTU Food aims to further develop our research within digitalisation of food processing. The position is anchored in the Research group for Food Production Engineering, which focus on the processing, modelling and optimization of food processes and products to get safer, better and healthier foods while minimizing resource use.
You will contribute to this by:
- Drive research activities, including modelling of food process systems and deep understanding of food ingredient interactions.
- Developing digital twin of food process operations.
- Disseminate research findings nationally and internationally, as well as through teaching and advice tasks.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Associate Professor Aberham Hailu Feyissa
Head of Division Henning Høgh Jensen
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday May 21st, 2021 (GMT+9)