Postdoc position in sustainable metal nanoparticle electrocatalyst development to boost renewable energy conversion, in The Section of Chemical Engineering (ChE) , Department of Green Technology (IGT), University of Southern Denmark, (SDU), Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 10, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Chemistry|
– Chemical engineering
– Material science
– Physical chemistry
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Section of Chemical Engineering (ChE)|
Department of Green Technology (IGT)
University of Southern Denmark
|Contract Period||1 Year – With the possibility of extension|
The candidate shall have a PhD degree or equivalent in chemistry, chemical engineering, material science, physical chemistry, nanotechnology, metallurgy or similar field.
It is preferred if candidates have experience and contributions within one or more of the following areas:
- Proton exchange membrane fuel cell and electrolyzer catalyst based on either precious or non-precious element syntheses/characterization
- Catalytic body especially alloy preparation, characterization or structure development for electrochemical conversion, emission control or petroleum chemistry
- Battery and/or supercapacitor electrode materials, high surface area carbon nanomaterials or ceramics (synthesis, electrochemistry, adsorption studies, etc.)
- Electrochemical CO2, N2 reduction
- Gas diffusion electrode (GDE) and membrane electrode assembly (MEA) preparation, characterization and postmortem analysis
- Industrial catalysis or heterogeneous catalysis
- Wet (precious) metal chemistry
- Record of article reviews, contribution in book chapters or intellectual properties
Responsibilities/ Job Description
A successful candidate will get a unique chance to participate in research and collaboration with the scientific as well as commercial communities in the field of electrocatalyst metal nanoparticle production and recycling and contribute to research within applied science.
The main tasks include the following activities:
- Metal nanoparticle catalyst or electrode comprehensive benchmarking and protocol selection or development
- Catalyst reaction mechanism interpretation
- New catalyst property development and synthesis condition optimization
- Comprehensive catalyst and solution characterization and monitoring
- Reaction, separation and purification process optimization to provide recommendations for upscaling
How to Apply?
- Your application including the required attachments must be uploaded through the link “Apply Online”.
- Attached files must be in Adobe pdf format. All pdf-files must be unlocked and allow binding and may not be password protected.
- In case you have more than one file per field you need to combine the pdf-files into a single file, as each field handles only one file. Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb.
- A motivation letter including research statement
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates/Diplomas (MSc and/or PhD) – Danish or English translation
- List of publications including full copies of the three most important representative publications
- A list of at least two references including contact details
- Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
- Further information about The Faculty of Engineering.
Assoc Prof. Shuang Ma Andersen
Tel: 6550 9186
Head of section Knud Villy Christensen
Post Doc in sustainable metal nanoparticle electrocatalyst development to boost renewable energy conversion
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday May 11th, 2021 (GMT+9)