Postdoc position in Dynamics and Control of Low Inertia Systems, at Centre for Electric Power and Energy (CEE) at the Department of Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 22, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Electrical Engineering|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Centre for Electric Power and Energy (CEE)|
Department of Electrical Engineering
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||Not mentioned|
As a formal qualification, you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent).
The candidate needs to have:
- Research interests and a scientific track record in research fields of microgrid, power converters, low inertia power system
- Prior experience in working with communication protocols such as Modbus and data management
- Experience in real-time simulation programs
- Experience in working with power converter hardware and control
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
You will be responsible for developing tools and solutions for Microgrids that can deliver monitoring and management functions. In addition, investigating into the dynamics of low inertia power systems, in particular on grid-forming converters. In particular, you will be responsible for:
- Analyze the load characteristics and unlock their flexibility to be leveraged in demand-side management (DSM) scheme
- Develop strategies for the Microgrid for the effective restoration of the energy supply in the event of shutdowns
- Conduct a thorough analysis of relevant standards applicable for smart grids on data collection, communication, and exchange
- Small signal and transient study on low inertia power system composed of multiple power electronic converters
- Work a power hardware in the loop testing of power converter platform for validating the strategies and algorithms for ensuring the stable operation of the low inertia systems
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
About Research project
Centre for Electric Power and Energy (CEE) at the Department of Electrical Engineering invites applicants for a post-doctoral Research Associate to work as part of the project “REnewable Energy EMPOWERing European and InDian communities (RE-EMPOWERED)” funded by the European Union under the Horizon 2020 Innovation Actions program.
About DTU Electrical Engineering
DTU Electrical Engineering educates students within electrical engineering technologies. We offer studies at BEng, BSc, MSc and PhD levels, and participate in joint international programmes. We conduct state-of-the-art research within antenna and microwave technology, robot technology, power and physical electronics, acoustic environment, electro-acoustics, electric power and energy. Our department has more than 200 members of staff.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Senior Researcher, Guangya Yang
Mob: +45 5327 3699
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday June 23rd, 2021 (GMT+9)