Postdoc position in Resilient Critical Infrastructures, at School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
Deadline to Apply
June 11, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Fog computing and IoT|
– Wireless communication
– Control systems
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science|
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
|Contract Period||1 Year (with the possibility of extension with 1 more year)|
|Starting date||According to agreement|
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (with some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume).
- The candidate should have a very strong research expertise from at least one of the areas security, signals and systems, control systems, communication networks, information theory, or wireless systems. The candidate should also be prepared to collaborate with all the faculty and students in the CERCES center, and to spend time in their respective divisions.
- The successful applicant should have an outstanding publication record. Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills are required. We are looking for a strongly motivated person, who is able to work independently. Good command of English orally and in writing is required to present and publish research results
It’s commendable if you can demonstrate teaching abilities and an awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The recruitment is part of the cross-departmental Center for Resilient Critical Infrastructures, CERCES, which is concerned with the security and resilience of industrial control and information systems. In particular, the center is focused on control systems, communication and computing, wireless communication, and embedded software verification. In this call, we are looking for a highly-qualified researcher that can contribute to at least one of the following areas:
Fog computing and IoT: We will study novel solutions for secure and resilient communication and computing for emerging industrial control system application scenarios, including smart power grids, enabled by technologies such as network slicing and serverless computing. We will leverage models of the physical processes monitored and controlled, and will combine them with models of the computing infrastructure for developing secure and resilient resource management algorithms, including machine learning based approaches.
Wireless communication: We will study new approaches to secure wireless machine-type communication in critical infrastructures, like e.g., smart grids and smart transportation systems. The goal is to propose new physical-layer and cross-layer security algorithms that are resilient against intelligent attackers interacting with the system, and that come with a guaranteed performance. In our work, we will integrate knowledge and concepts from different areas like, e.g., information theoretic and physical layer security, machine learning, and control systems.
Control systems: In this area, we adopt concepts and methods for cyber-physical systems in the study of reliability, safety, and security of critical infrastructures, such as power systems, smart grids, and water distribution systems. The work will have a focus on the physical aspect of the critical infrastructures, and the main goal is to develop control and monitoring algorithms that ensure resilient operation of the infrastructures, in the face of unexpected and malicious events.
How to Apply?
To apply please click button “Login and Apply”
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in one of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
- 3 research publications authored by the candidate and relevant to the position.
- Contact information for two reference persons. We reserve us the right to contact references only for shortlisted candidates.
About the Department
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Help to relocate and settle in Sweden and at KTH
Ragnar Thobaben, Associate Professor
György Dán, Professor
Henrik Sandberg, Professor
Post expires at 8:59am on Saturday June 12th, 2021 (GMT+9)