Postdoc position is available to work in a project ”Using plants to unravel microtubule functions in neurobiology” , Section for Plant Glycobiology, Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Postdoc position in the fields of Plant Protein Biology and Biochemistry
Deadline to Apply
Apr 20, 2021 23:59 (GMT +1)
No. of Position(s)
- Molecular Biology
- Cell Biology
DKK 437.843 / Per Annum
Assist. Professor Christopher Kesten
Professor Staffan Persson
- A PhD degree in Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
- Practical experience in either, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Proteomics, Biophysics or Biochemistry.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Key Selection Criteria
- Professional qualifications relevant for the position.
- Relevant work experiences.
- Language skills.
- Creative thinking.
The work aims to understand how distant plant analogs of neurobiology related, microtubule associated proteins function and how changes in their composition changes their activity in comparison to their mammalian counterparts. The research will range from protein characterization, visualization of protein activities in vivo and in vitro, analysing cytoskeletal characteristics, and protein engineering.
You will work in a highly cross-disciplinary team that includes the full range of microscopy, proteomics, biochemistry and molecular biology. It is expected that you have a strong foundation in at least one of the areas of molecular & cell biology, biochemistry or biophysics. Together, we will generate an exciting environment to understand mechanisms that underpin how proteins regulate and arrange the cytoskeleton. You will also be able to engage in supervision of students and lab technicians, as well as actively apply for funding.
How to Apply?
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW above.
- Curriculum vita
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Research plan – description of current and possible future research plans
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of 3 particularly relevant papers
- Terms of appointment and payment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
- The starting salary is currently up to DKK 437.843 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 74.871). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
Other Postdoctoral Positions
- MS, MS and PhD Programs – DGIST, South Korea
- Postdoc position in Cell biology, Denmark
- Postdoc position in Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Aero-Microbiology
- Postdoc Position in Robotics, Engineering – Aalborg, Denmark
- Postdoc Position in Biochemistry – DTU, Denmark
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday April 21st, 2021 (GMT+9)