A postdoctoral research position is available to study the regulation of lipid metabolism in humans and rodent models using state-of-the-art lipidomics technology, in the Ejsing Lab, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark SDU, Denmark
Postdoctoral Position in Metabolic Regulation and Lipidomics
Deadline to Apply
June 01, 2021 23:59 (GMT +1 )
No. of Position(s)
- Liquid chromatography
- Mass spectrometry
According to standard norms
Associate Professor Christer Ejsing
To qualify you must have passed a PhD or equivalent
- We are seeking a self-motivated and technically skilled person with a strong background in lipidomics or metabolomics, liquid chromatography and high-resolution mass spectrometry
- In-depth understanding of metabolic networks, experience with handling of mice or rats, and experience in data management and multivariate data analysis are preferred
- Effective communication skills, a strong work ethic, ability to work both independently and in a collaborative group environment are required
The project involves applying our lipidomics platform to monitor lipid metabolic flux at the systems-level; and understanding how disease states impinge on lipid metabolic homeostasis. The project is an interdisciplinary collaboration with partners in industry and clinical settings.
How to Apply?
- Applications must be submitted electronically using the link “Apply online”. Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format.
- Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb.
- We strongly recommend that you read How to apply before you apply.
The application must include the following:
- A curriculum vitae including information on previous employment.
- A full list of publications stating the scientific publications on which the applicant wishes to rely.
- The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
- The position is to be filled by 1 July 2021 or earlier (contact Christer Ejsing for details). The position is available for one year with possibility of prolongation for another two years
- Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
Other Postdoctoral Positions
- MS, MS and PhD Programs – DGIST, South Korea
- Postdoc position in Cell biology, Denmark
- Postdoc position in Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Aero-Microbiology
- Postdoc Position in Robotics, Engineering – Aalborg, Denmark
- Assistant professor or Postdoc position in Political Science, Denmark
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday June 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)