Postdoc position in Computer vision, Machine learning, Image processing, Signal processing, and Subsea robotics, at Department of Energy Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 09, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Machine learning|
– Image processing
– Signal processing
– Subsea robotics
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Energy Technology|
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021|
A Ph.D. degree in computer vision, Acoustic/LiDAR-based systems, or similar.
- Experience with machine learning, image processing, signal processing, and, subsea robotics.
- A strong publication record within the focused areas.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team of researchers and engineers
Responsibilities/ Job Description
We seek to appoint a postdoc to the research program “Offshore Energy Systems” and will be appointed to the Esbjerg section at the Esbjerg campus.
The postdoc will be linked to the “ACOMAR: Auto Compact Marine Growth Remover“-project and will focus on automation of the inspection and planning process in relation to the removal of marine growth on subsea structures for offshore oil & gas platforms and wind turbines.
ACOMAR is an autonomous subsea robot and the project is carried out in close corporation with a team of researchers and industry partners.
The main purpose of the postdoc is to develop and test methodologies for mapping marine growth on subsea structures.
A possible direction could be a fusion of several technologies such as Acoustic, LiDAR, and, image-based sensors for robust and reliable marine growth estimation.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button above
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
About the Department
Aalborg University contributes to the knowledge building of the global society as well as the development of prosperity, welfare and culture of Danish society. This is accomplished through research, research-based education, public sector services and knowledge collaboration. AAU educates students for the future and activities are based on a dynamic and transformative collaboration with the surrounding community. The Department of Energy Technology is a dynamic engineering research department in continuous growth and inspiring surroundings. The department has a very international environment and covers all areas of clean and sustainable energy systems of the future within electrical, thermal and mechatronic energy technology. The department has campuses in both Aalborg and Esbjerg. The mission is to be world leading in both research and research-based education of the energy engineers of the future.The department has approx. 300 employees of many nationalities, of which 24 are administrative staff. In addition, the department constantly has approx. 50-70 guest researchers from around the world.Research and teaching are in the absolute world elite in the field of energy, and we have extensive and leading workshop and laboratory facilities, where research and innovation are carried out in direct collaboration with industry to a great extent.
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Assoc. Prof. Simon Pedersen, Department of Energy Technology
Phone: +45 30663663
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday June 10th, 2021 (GMT+9)