Postdoc in Chemistry, Physics, Materials science, Computational Electrocatalysis on DFT-based mechanistic analysis and the development of kinetic and transport models of CO2 reduction towards ethylene and ethanol, Department of Physics at the Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 8, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Chemistry|
– Materials science
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Catalysis Theory Center|
Department of Physics
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||1 Year|
As a formal qualification, you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent). Your PhD is in chemistry, physics, materials science or a similar field
You have experience in method development for ab initio models of electrochemical interfaces, microkinetic modelling, and in computational catalyst design and mechanistic analysis of electrochemical CO2 reduction. You also have a track record of collaboration with experimentalists.
- are curious and think deeply and creatively
- communicate well in both written and spoken English
- are empathetic, self-aware, kind, and enjoy working with others from diverse backgrounds
- take responsibility for the progress and quality of projects
- are interested in mentoring and nurturing junior members of the group
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The position focusses on DFT-based mechanistic analysis and the development of kinetic and transport models of CO2 reduction towards ethylene and ethanol.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
- List of 2 references who can be contacted by phone or email
For your cover letter: keep it to a maximum 350 words and shorter is perfectly fine. A formal writing style is not needed; feel free to experiment with form, e.g. poetic and narrative writing styles are completely acceptable ways to show who you are.
Please do not include any extra attachments that have not been listed above; they will be deleted and may cause technical issues in your submission.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday April 9th, 2021 (GMT+9)