Postdoc position is a part of the project “Microflora Danica – the microbiome of Denmark“, at the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 16, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Chemistry|
– Cell microbiology
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Faculty of Engineering and Science|
Department of Chemistry and Bioscience
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021|
We seek an outstanding scientist with a proven research record in studies of microbial communities and with experience in single cell microbiology, metabolic reconstruction from genomes, and advanced microscopy including Raman microspectroscopy.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The research is a part of the project “Microflora Danica – the microbiome of Denmark“ funded by the Poul Due Jensen Foundation. The overall aim is to make a reference database over all microorganism in natural and man-made habitats in Denmark by DNA sequencing and other means. In this particular project, we want to visualize a range of novel uncultured microbes with fluorescence in situ hybridization, in order to get basic understanding of their morphology, distribution, and ecophysiology. The microbes will be selected based on metagenomic investigations (metagenomic assembled genomes) and the degree of novelty, e.g., related to novel candidate phyla or novel physiologies. The studies may also include eukaryotes. Novel high through-put methods will be developed for single cell microbiology (e.g., confocal laser microscopy and Raman microspectroscopy) and isotope-based process studies.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button above.
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
About the Department
The Department of Chemistry and Bioscience consists of five sections of which three are situated in Aalborg with research and teaching in Biotechnology, Applied Chemistry and Biology & Environmental Science. Moreover, one section is located in Copenhagen on Sustainable Biotechnology and one section is situated in Esbjerg on Chemical Engineering.
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Professor Per Halkjær Nielsen
Tel. +45 2173 5089
HR-Partner Lone Lund
Phone (+45) 9940 3494.
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday June 17th, 2021 (GMT+9)