Chemical Engineering jobs – Postdoc position is announced as part of the ZeroH2S project funded by the Danish Hydrocarbon Research and Technology Center in Membrane based Recovery of Offshore Oil and Gas Production Chemicals, At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 19, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Chemical Engineering, Separation Process Engineering, Environmental Engineering|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, Aalborg University, Denmark|
|Contract Period||2 Years|
The successful applicant must hold a PhD degree in Chemical Engineering, Separation Process Engineering, Environmental Engineering or equivalent educations
- The candidate should document solid practical experience with membrane synthesis and characterization and set-up and operation of membrane filtration in lab and in pilot scale for treatment of water and/or process streams or downstream recovery of specific compounds.
- Further, an ideal candidate has broad insight into chemical analysis. It will be an advantage if the candidate has experience with supervision and teaching. As the position is part of a collaborative research project, the candidate should show good interpersonal and communication skills and team spirit to solve the problems together with the different stakeholders
Responsibilities/ Job Description
This postdoc position is announced as part of the ZeroH2S project funded by the Danish Hydrocarbon Research and Technology Center with the aim of eliminating the environmental impact of production chemicals (scavengers) used for removal of hydrogen sulfide from the produced natural gas stream during offshore oil and gas production.
The postdoc should develop a membrane based process for recovering of excess scavenger reactant from reaction products. The recovered retentate should have a quality suitable for reinjection reducing the overall need of chemicals, the reaction product stream should be suitable for further oxidative treatment and the permeate should be suitable for direct discharge. Core of the research will be interplay between in-house synthesized thin film composite membranes and commercial membranes in order to select the optimal membrane with respect to selectivity properties and fast track to testing in industrial settings. Tasks will also include chemical analysis, membrane process design calculations and close collaboration with researchers on associated work packages of the project.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button above
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
About the Lab
The Department of Chemistry and Bioscience advances regional, national and global knowledge build-up, while contributing to the solution of societal challenges through innovative research, problem-based education and knowledge-based collaborations. We produce excellent research in engineering and natural science and Aalborg University constantly ranks top of the World within engineering research and education. The Section of Chemical Engineering has a clear goal of being the go-to partner for regional, national and international industries in need of research based knowledge and support for transition of classic chemical production to sustainable and more bio-based production processes and promote the green transition of society.
The Department consists of five sections of which three are located in Aalborg with research and teaching in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Environmental Technology and Biology, one in Copenhagen on Sustainable Biotechnology and one in Esbjerg on Chemical Engineering. Place of employment is Section of Chemical Engineering in Esbjerg. In the workplace, we strive for diversity in nationality, culture, and gender, growth as a team effort, maintaining an inspiring physical work environment, and ensuring a good work-life balance
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics. The first 3 months of your employment is a trial period.
Head of Section of Chemical Engineering
Phone: +45 9940 3564
Phone: (+45) 9940 3194
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday April 20th, 2021 (GMT+9)