Postdoc position in Cardiac electrophysiology, at Department of Biomedicine, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 18, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Cardiac electrophysiology|
|Salary||34,600 / Month|
|Workplace||Department of Biomedical Sciences|
University of Copenhagen
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||Oct 01, 2021|
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist with the following competencies and experience:
Essential experience and skills:
- You have a PhD in medicine
- You are highly experienced in isolated heart preparations and large animal arrhythmia models, with a proven scientific record of this.
- You have an active interest in cardiac electrophysiology and pharmacology
- You have proven experience in working with interdisciplinary projects
- Proficient communication skills and ability to work in teams
- Excellent English skills written and spoken
Experience and knowledge in ion channel pharmacology
Responsibilities/ Job Description
As part of the team you will be responsible for planning, conducting and reporting on ex vivo and in vivo studies. You will be working with setting up new experimental models for the study of fibrosis and arrhythmia. The studies are done in collaboration with Danish and international partners with the aim of identifying new therapeutics and diagnostic tools for cardiac rhythm disorders.
How to Apply?
Your online application must be submitted in English by clicking ‘Apply now’ above. Furthermore your application must include the following documents/attachments – all in PDF format
- Motivated letter of application (max. one page).
- CV incl. education, work/research experience, language skills and other skills relevant for the position.
- A certified/signed copy of a) PhD certificate and b) Master of Science certificate. If the PhD is not completed, a written statement from the supervisor will do.
- List of publications.
About Research project
About the Department
Salary, pension and terms of employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Currently, the monthly salary starts at 34,600 DKK/ approx. 4,653 Euro (February 2021-level). Depending on qualifications, a supplement may be negotiated. The employer will pay an additional 17.1 % to your pension fund.
Non-Danish and Danish applicants may be eligible for tax reductions, if they hold a PhD degree and have not lived in Denmark the last 10 years.
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
Interviews are expected to be held in week 24-25