Postdoc Position in Cancer Biology, at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of the University of Southern Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 25, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Cancer Biology|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology|
University of Southern Denmark
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||Sep 2021|
- Holder of a PhD degree in Medical, Pharmaceutical or Biomedical Sciences or related.
- Excellence in Cancer Research, with knowledge and practical experience in basic cell and molecular biology techniques (cell cultures, western blotting, qPCR, cloning, immunofluorescence, etc.).
- Recent practice of in vivo experiments in mice (s.c. and ip injections, tumor growth measurements, imaging, sample collection).
- Min. two publications in high quality peer-reviewed journals, and at least one as a first author.
- Two to three recommendation letters from Principal Investigators.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
A two years postdoc position is available from September 2021 in the team of Associate Professor Paolo Ceppi at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of the University of Southern Denmark. The research group is interested in unravelling novel fundamental mechanisms that govern the plasticity of cancer cells in solid tumors, with a special focus on the impact of metabolic pathways on cancer stemness, EMT and chemoresistance. The lab is located in the SDU Main Campus in Odense, Denmark.
How to Apply?
- Applications must be submitted electronically using the link “Apply online”.
- Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format.
- Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb.
- We strongly recommend that you read How to apply before you apply.
- A curriculum vitae including information on previous employment.
- A full list of publications stating the scientific publications on which the applicant wishes to rely.
- Two to three recommendation letters from Principal Investigators. Should your referees wish to send their letters directly to us, please have them use e-mail: email@example.com mentioning your name and the title of the position in the subject line. And please note that these also need to reach us before deadline.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
Post expires at 8:59am on Saturday June 26th, 2021 (GMT+9)