Postdoc position in Immunological Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, at Section of Medical Biotechnology, at the Department of Biotechnology and Chemical Engineering, Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
July 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Biotechnology|
– Molecular Biology
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Section of Medical Biotechnology|
Department of Biotechnology and Chemical Engineering
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||Sep 01, 2021|
- Applicants should hold a PhD in Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, or similar and have strong experience within protein engineering and molecular cloning techniques, phage or yeasts display approaches, molecular interaction analysis, immunological techniques, and clinical immunology.
- Experience with kinetic analyses and flow cytometry are considered advantageous.
- Personal competences, e.g. the ability to work as part of an international research team, to supervise students etc., are required.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The Immunological Biotechnology laboratory headed by Edzard Spillner offers applicants an exciting opportunity to join a research project co-funded by Aarhus University and an industrial partner.
With the global burden of allergic diseases and asthma increasing, novel approaches and concepts for treatment are urgently needed.
The project is positioned at the interface of protein engineering and molecular allergology and will focus on approaches to interfere with IgE-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Thereby the project will mainly rely on combinatorial display and selection approaches, protein characterisation and expression, and in vitro and cellular analyses of biomolecular interactions.
How to Apply?
To apply please click the Apply Online button mentioned above
The application must be in English and include
- Curriculum vitae
- Degree certificate
- A complete list of publications
- A statement of future research plans and information about research activities, teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any).
Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
About Department of Biotechnology and Chemical Engineering
The Department of Biotechnology and Chemical Engineering represents multidisciplinary research fields within the sections of medical biotechnology, industrial biotechnology, process and materials engineering, and environmental engineering.
The section of Medical Biotechnology covers research areas including nanofiber technologies, organoid biotechnology, biomechanics and immunological biotechnology.
- Appointment shall be in accordance with the collective labour agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities.
- Salary depends on seniority as agreed between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Confederation of Professional Associations.
Associate professor Edzard Spillner
Nat-Tech Administrative Centre – Nat-Tech HR
Post expires at 8:59am on Friday July 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)