Biophysics – Postdoc position to developing single molecule fluorescence techniques for the study of DNA proteins interactions, at the iNANO center and Department of Chemistry at Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 07, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Biophysics|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center iNANO|
Department of Chemistry
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021|
The successful candidate must have a PhD in biophysics, chemistry, nanoscience or related subjects. He/she should have a strong background in experimental biophysics and hands on experience in single molecule fluorescence spectroscopy is required.
The candidate should be able to work in an interdisciplinary environment both independently as well as in close collaboration with coworkers that may come from a different field.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The project aims at using and further developing single molecule fluorescence techniques for the study of DNA proteins interactions. The position includes tasks of supporting other single molecule fluorescence projects and organizing access to and maintenance of the instrumentation.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click the Apply Online button mentioned above
The application must be in English and include
- Curriculum vitae
- Degree certificate
- Complete list of publications
- A statement of future research plans and information about research activities, teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any).
Guidelines for applicants can be found here
About Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center
iNANO, Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center (www.inano.au.dk), was established in 2002 and at present is a major research and education center based at Aarhus University hosting 60 senior scientists, ~100 post docs and ~100 PhD students. The center combines expertise and faculty from Physics, Chemistry, Molecular biology and Medicine to carry out world-class interdisciplinary research in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. The center gives access to a broad range of infrastructure, tools and expertise including clean-room facilities. With a 5 year undergraduate nanotechnology programme and nanoscience graduate programme the center provides a full educational environment. In addition to the large base of basic research, the center has a large number of ongoing industrial projects and partnerships.
- Appointment shall be in accordance with the collective labour agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities.
- Salary depends on seniority as agreed between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Confederation of Professional Associations.
Victoria Birkedal Associate professor, Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center
Nat-Tech Administrative Centre – Nat-Tech HR
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday June 8th, 2021 (GMT+9)