Postdoc position in single-cell RNA-sequencing, at Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Aug 15, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Biology|
– Data science
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics|
|Contract Period||30 Months|
|Starting date||Nov 01, 2021|
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with a keen interest in single-cell approaches that is able to solve problems independently and enjoys working at the interface between biology and data science in collaborative projects. Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
Experience with scRNA-seq, NGS library preparation, legume-rhizobium interactions and plant molecular genetics is an advantage
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The work will be focused on single-cell analysis of rhizobium infection of plant root hairs. So far, legume-rhizobium interactions have been investigated at the level of plant organs or tissue types, and it remains unclear what cellular events are characteristic of the few root hair cells that allow intracellular rhizobium infection to proceed. You will use single-cell RNA-sequencing to investigate this question, exploiting rhizobium natural variation to facilitate identification of relevant cell populations and validating candidate genes using LORE1 mutants (1).
How to Apply?
To apply please click “Apply Online” button mentioned above
The application must be in English and include
- Curriculum vitae
- Degree certificate
- A complete list of publications
- A statement of future research plans and information about research activities, teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any).
Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
- Appointment shall be in accordance with the collective labour agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities.
- Salary depends on seniority as agreed between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Confederation of Professional Associations.
Stig Uggerhøj Andersen
Associate professor, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics – Plant Molecular Biology
Nat-Tech Administrative Centre – Nat-Tech HR
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday August 16th, 2021 (GMT+9)