Postdoc position is available to understand the epigenetic basis of gene transcription, with a focus to understand how distal-acting enhancers control gene transcription, at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Postdoc position in bioinformatics and epigenetics
Deadline to Apply
Apr 12, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
No. of Position(s)
- Natural science
- Medical science
34.622 DKK / Month
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research
Copenhagen N, Denmark
2 years with a possibility of extension
Professor Chuna Ram Choudhary
The candidate should have demonstrated excellent scientific productivity, evidenced by high-quality research publications, be able to conduct independent and creative research, and show good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The candidate is required to have a PhD/MD level of education corresponding to the Danish PhD degree in natural or medical science.
- Excellent scientific track-record, including at least one publication in a high-quality, peer-reviewed international journal.
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following areas is required:
Experience in computer programming languages, such as R, Python
Hands-on experience in analyzing next-generation sequencing dataset, such as ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, ATAC-seq
Strong background in the statistical analysis of large-scale data
- Prior experience in the application of machine learning and neural network approaches will be considered an advantage.
- Prior experience in wet lab research is not essential but will be considered an advantage.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- An analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
The project aims to understand the epigenetic basis of gene transcription, with a focus to understand how distal-acting enhancers control gene transcription. In this project, we will use embryonic stem cells and their derivatives and apply quantitative proteomics, CRISPR-based genome editing, PROTACs, and next generation genomics technologies to understand the epigenetic basis of cellular differentiation and cell fate maintenance. The candidate will perform bioinformatic analyses of next-generation sequencing data, including ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, Nascent-seq, ATAC-seq. The candidate will use community-generated software packages, will write scripts to devise custom-based solutions, and will be interested in applying machine learning approaches to analyze the data. The candidate will be jointly working with the Choudhary and Rasmussen groups. If you would like to know more about the project(s), please contact us!
How to Apply?
Your application must be submitted electronically by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’ mentioned above
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae, incl. educational qualifications, experience, and a list of publications
- A scanned copy of the final degree (PhD or equivalent) certificate. If the degree is not yet awarded, it is sufficient to mention in the cover letter when the applicant expects to submit the thesis, and/or receive the qualifying degree
- Names and contact details for 2-3 referees
The applicants can submit these materials in the given fields in the online submission system. We reserve the right not to consider material received after the deadline, and not to consider applications that do not live up to the above-mentioned requirements and that do not have a least one publication as first author.
The postdoc will be employed in the Choudhary group, and will collaborate closely with the Rasmussen group. The Choudhary and Rasmussen laboratories are technically and internationally diverse and embedded in an excellent environment that supports high-quality research and encourages interdisciplinary collaboration. The Choudhary lab primarily conducts experimental research using interdisciplinary, state-of-the-art technologies, including quantitative proteomics, next-generation nucleic acid sequencing, advanced microscopy, and CRISPR-based genome editing. The lab uses diverse cell models, including stem cells and their derivatives. The Rasmussen lab uses computational approaches to analyze large-scale biomedical data. In addition, the group develops and applies deep learning methods to integrate and mine proteomic, genomic and microbiome datasets.
Both labs work closely with almost all other groups at CPR. Notably, the Rasmussen group works closely with the group of Prof. Søren Brunak, and the Choudhary lab works with the “Clinical Proteomics” group led by Prof. Matthias Mann. Both of the groups extensively collaborate with top-level international researchers, routinely publish in top-ranked journals, and have an outstanding track-record in training the next generation of researchers. The major publications from the groups include Nissent et al. Nat Biotechnol. 2021; Rascovan et al. Cell 2019; Narita et al. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2019; Weinert and Narita et al., Cell 2018; Gupta et al., Cell 2018; Scholz et al., Nat Biotech 2015; Weinert et al., Mol Cell 2013; Povlsen and Beli et al., Nat Cell Biol 2012; and Beli et al. Mol Cell 2012.
- Salary, pension, and terms of employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Academics Central organization. Currently, the monthly salary is around 34.622 DKK approx. 4,656 €, (February 2021-level) plus 17.1 % in pension contribution. Depending on qualifications, a supplement may be negotiated.
Other Postdoctoral Positions
- MS, MS and PhD Programs – DGIST, South Korea
- Postdoc position in Cell biology, Denmark
- Postdoc position in Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Aero-Microbiology
- Postdoc Position in Robotics, Engineering – Aalborg, Denmark
- Assistant professor or Postdoc position in Political Science, Denmark
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday April 13th, 2021 (GMT+9)