Bioimaging, Biophysics, Cell culture – Postdoc position in super-resolution imaging of the membrane, SDU Biotechnology section at Department of Green Technology, Faculty of Engineering, University of Southern Denmark (SDU), Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Science|
– Pharmaceutical sciences
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||SDU Biotechnology section|
Department of Green Technology
Faculty of Engineering
University of Southern Denmark (SDU)
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Aug 01, 2021|
PhD in science, engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, biophysics or a related specialization.
The ideal candidate for the position already has experience with one or more of the following subjects: Bioimaging, biophysics, cell culture, analysis of fluorescence microscopy images and membrane proteins. The candidate must expect to be working with all of these areas during the post doc project and will get the sufficient training in the subjects that he or she is not familiar with.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The project concerns imaging of nano-domains in live and fixed cells. Selected membrane proteins will be imaged using super-resolution microscopy, photoactivated localization microscopy and 3D imaging. Nano-domains and membrane proteins will be studied using those techniques.
How to Apply?
Applications must be submitted electronically using the link above. Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format. Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb. We use shortlisting in the evaluation of applications.
- Completed application form (Link to Application Form)
- A curriculum vitae
- A letter stating your interest, motivation etc. Please attach the motivational letter to “application material” under ” Research plan”
- Letters of reference (Link to reference form)
- Verified copies* of bachelor diploma and transcript
- Verified copies* of master’s diploma and transcript
- Verified copies* of PhD diploma and transcript
*Please note the definition of verified:
Verified official transcripts of exams in English or Danish translation and verified copy of bachelor diploma and master’s diploma – All documentation must be officially translated into English or Danish. All documents must be verified. Verified means that your home university or a public notary verifies that the copy is a true copy of the original document. Each page of the copy must be stamped with the original stamp of the verifying institution and added the text: “True copy of the original document” and signed with a blue pen.
- Employment is governed by the Protocol on PhD Research Fellows signed by the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations), Cirkulære om overenskomst for Akademikere i staten 2015.
- Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
Associate Professor Eva Arnspang Christensen
Phone: +45 65504682
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday June 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)