Chemical engineering, Biochemical engineering – Postdoc position in Modelling of High Pressure Membranes for Next Generation Innovative Green Energy and Water Technologies, in the PROSYS research center at the Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 15, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Chemical engineering|
– Biochemical engineering
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||DTU Chemical Engineering|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||June 1, 2021|
As a formal qualification, you must hold a PhD degree or equivalent in chemical or biochemical engineering or closely related fields like e.g. mechanical engineering with the focus on fluid dynamic simulations.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate should have hands-on experience from modelling material transport through porous media with help of CFD models. Experimental background in the field of membrane technology is an advantage. The postdoc candidate preferably has experience with software tools such as Comsol, ANSYS CFX or ANSYS Fluent.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The focus of this postdoc position is on development and implementation of fluid dynamic models for membranes used in pressure retarded osmosis (PRO). More specifically, the candidate is expected to:
- Develop a CFD model describing the basic flow phenomena in high-pressure PRO.
- Couple the developed CFD model with a structural analytic model that can predict the mechanical characteristics of the membrane (stress and displacement).
- Optimize the membrane support elements based on the model findings
- Investigate with help of the model important physical key phenomena like e.g. fouling
- To interact with the other partners of the project for experimental data analysis and design suggestions
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
About Research project
The position is part of a research project funded by the Innovation Fund Denmark. It is a collaborative project involving DTU, Saltpower ApS and Danfoss A/S. The project deals with the development of the next generation of high pressure pumps, energy recovery components and osmotic membranes for the production of CO2 free sustainable energy production from saltwater. You will have the opportunity to deepen your modelling understanding and develop your theoretical skills in the field of material transport through membranes. The project is highly interactive and you will work together with both industrial and academic experts in the field.
About DTU Chemical Engineering
DTU Chemical Engineering’s main activities lie within the areas of product design, process design and production in the chemical, biotechnological, pharmaceutical, food technological and energy technological industries.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Associate Professor Ulrich Krühne
Tel.: +45 4525 2960
Tel.: +45 4525 2950
Postdoc in Modelling of High Pressure Membranes for Next Generation Innovative Green Energy and Water Technologies
Post expires at 8:59am on Sunday May 16th, 2021 (GMT+9)