Postdoc position in poultry behaviour and welfare, at the Department of Animal Science, Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Aug 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Poultry behaviour|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Animal Science|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Oct 01, 2021|
- Academic qualifications at PhD level in applied ethology or related field
- Extensive experience in applied behaviour and welfare research, preferably in poultry
- Experience in designing experiments and project management
- Extensive experience in data handling and data analysis is considered a merit
- Excellent skills in written communication of research results as evidenced by publications in internationally peer-reviewed journals
Good international network within the field of applied animal behaviour, preferably poultry behaviour
Responsibilities/ Job Description
We seek a candidate with a strong background in poultry behaviour and welfare research. You will, based on your interest, be responsible for parts of research projects in collaboration with the poultry team. These projects may include investigating the causal background and preventive measures of abnormal behaviours and other poultry welfare issues, examining effects of alternative housing systems and feeding strategies on poultry behaviour and welfare and developing Precision Livestock Farming solutions aimed at improving poultry welfare. The majority of the research projects involves international collaboration with researchers both within applied ethology and in other relevant fields such as veterinary science, computer science and nutrition.
Besides creating a strong research basis, the candidate will be involved in research-based consultancy for the Danish public sector and the EU Reference Centre on Welfare of poultry and other small farmed animals. As a minor part of the position, the candidate may be asked to contribute to the teaching performed by our group. When the research projects involve students at the BSc, MSc and PhD levels, the candidate is also expected to take part in their supervision. Collaboration with farmers, poultry equipment industry, researchers and animal welfare authorities at both national and international level is part of the assignment.
How to Apply?
To apply please click the Apply Online button mentioned above
The application must be in English and include
- Curriculum vitae
- Degree certificate
- A complete list of publications
- A statement of future research plans and information about research activities, teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any).
Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
- Appointment shall be in accordance with the collective labour agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities.
- Salary depends on seniority as agreed between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Confederation of Professional Associations.
Anja Brinch Riber Senior Researcher, Department of Animal Science – ANIS Welfare
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday August 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)