Tenure Track Researcher Position in Diet, Nutrition and Public Health is available at DTU Food, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark (Nutrition and Food Science Jobs)
Deadline to Apply
May 10, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Tenure Track Researcher Position|
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Food Science|
|Salary||According to standard norms|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Year|
|Starting date||July, 2021|
Candidates must hold a PhD degree in the area of nutrition or equivalent scientific background. Also you must have:
- Solid experience with design of large population surveys, with regard to diet, dietary supplements, biomaterial, and processing and analyses of quantitative data.
- Solid experience with design of dietary studies.
- Experience in application of external research funding is an advantage
- The work with the Danish population based survey requires fluency in written and spoken Danish i.e. proficiency level.
- Advanced writing and oral presentation skills in English.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Research experience
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Responsibilities/ Job Description
DTU Food aims to further develop our research within diet, nutrition, sustainability and public health among population segments. In the Research Group on Nutrition, Sustainability and Health Promotion, we collect representative data in the population for nutrition, food safety, public health initiatives, sustainability calculations, and public policy recommendations. You will contribute to this by:
- Drive research activities, including survey design, protocols, approaches and methodologies, to enhance our understanding of health and sustainability.
- Analyse survey data statically combining socioeconomic, dietary, physical activity and health-related data to address significant issues in nutrition and health
- Contribute to data cleaning, processing, compilation and validation of dietary, anthropometric and biomaterials data.
- Contribute to developing the research field through research proposals in collaboration with colleagues.
- Disseminate research findings nationally and internationally, as well as through teaching and advice tasks.
You must contribute to the teaching of courses. You will be expected to learn Danish and be able to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research for the tenure track period
- CV including employment history, list of publications, H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
About the Department
The position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. We provide you with the best conditions including a mentor, state-of-the-art research infrastructure, teacher training and relevant networks.
The research combines nutrition, physical activity, sustainability, health, and other lifestyle behaviours together with social background and health behaviour perspectives.
The position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility. We develop talent by offering a career mentor, state-of-the-art research infrastructure, and postgraduate teacher training. DTU’s Tenure Track is an appointment of at most six years, during which you will receive career support in the form of professional and personal guidance. At the end of the tenure track appointment you will be evaluated by an external assessment committee, who will assess your appointment to a permanent Senior Researcher position.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
- All intereed candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Head of Research Group,
Senior Researcher Anja Biltoft-Jensen,
Tel: +45 3588 7425
Head of Division Henning Høgh Jensen
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday May 10th, 2021 (GMT+9)