Sustainable development – Postdoc position to carry out a self-defined research project with a focus on describing or potentially contributing to a societal transformation aiming at bringing the local, regional or global community on to a sustainable development trajectory, at Sustainability Science Centre (SSC), Globe Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 18, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Sustainable development|
|Salary||34,622 DKK/ Month|
|Workplace||GLOBE Institute, Sustainability Science Centre, University of Copenhagen, Denmark|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
- A PhD in a topic relevant for sustainable development
- An active interest in bringing research results into the service of society
- A well developed trans-disciplinary network
- Proficient communication skills
- The ability to work independently but can also work in teams and contribute to network development
- Excellent English skills written and spoken
- Knowledge of the evolution in understanding of sustainable development/SDGs
- Experience with on-line teaching, MOOC development or similar activities.
- Experience in planning of scientific conferences
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Your primary function will be to carry out a self-defined research project with a focus on describing or potentially contributing to a societal transformation aiming at bringing the local, regional or global community on to a sustainable development trajectory. Your PhD can be in any discipline but you are expected to have experience and interest in pursuing researching questions relevant for sustainable development. While furthering your research career, you will also be expected to work closely with the Steering Committee of the Sustainability Science Centre (SSC) in further developing the University’s activities and profile within sustainable development during your period of employment. Such activities include the development of educational initiatives, participation in the planning of scientific workshops/conferences, and dialogue with stakeholders (businesses and other) external to the university.
How to Apply?
Your online application must be submitted in English by clicking ‘Apply now’ above. Furthermore your application must include the following documents/attachments – all in PDF format
1. Motivated letter of application (max. one page).
2. Description of proposed research (max. 5 pages).
3. CV incl. education, work/research experience, language skills and other skills relevant for the position.
4. A certified/signed copy of a) PhD certificate and b) Master of Science certificate. If the PhD is not completed, a written statement from the supervisor will do.
5. List of publications.
About Sustainability Science Centre (SSC)
The SSC (www.sustainability.ku.dk) is an infrastructure linking research, educational, and outreach activities across the University. The SSC is anchored in the Rectorate and currently hosted by Globe Institute in the Faculty of Health Sciences. Governance is provided by a Steering Committee with representatives from all faculties and led by Prof. Katherine Richardson. You will work closely with Richardson in developing the University’s sustainability initiatives but your research will be embedded in the most relevant of the University’s research environments.
The employment as postdoc is a full time and fixed-term position for 3 years. Starting date a soon as possible but after agreement.
Salary, pension and terms of employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Currently, the monthly salary starts at 34,622 DKK/ approx. 4,616 Euro (February 2021-level). Depending on qualifications, a supplement may be negotiated. The employer will pay an additional 17.1 % to your pension fund.
Katherine Richardson; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday April 19th, 2021 (GMT+9)