Postdoc position in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) and Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD) is available at the Department of Neuroscience, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Deadline to Apply
May 31, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Neuro Science|
|Salary||~ 34,600 DKK/ Month|
|Workplace||Department of Neuroscience|
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||Aug 15, 2021 or ASAP|
PhD degree related to the subject area of the project e.g. neuroscience, biology, biomedicine, or similar.
The criteria are:
- Prior experience in neuroscience (mandatory)
- Previous training in molecular biology techniques (mandatory)
- Prior experience in neurodegenerative disorders
- Accredited course in Laboratory Animal Science according to Danish Animal Experimentation Act (FELASA) level B or C, enabling the candidate to execute independent laboratory work
- Mouse colony maintenance (preferable)
- Experience with stereotactic injection and behavioral testing (preferable)
- Cloning, viral vector production (preferable)
- Experience in tissue handling for in situ hybridization and mRNA sequencing
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Candidates should possess good oral communication skills
- Curious mind-set with a strong interest in ALS and FTD
- Strong analytical communication and computer skills are also required
- Well-organized, self-motivated, result-oriented and capable of working independently in a collaborative setting
- Publication record in neuroscience and neurodegenerative disorders
- The candidate should have proven skills in molecular biology and handling mouse models of neurodegenerative disorders. Most importantly, the candidate should be highly motivated and committed to the project. In all cases, the ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration, thus we encourage applicants to apply regardless of personal background.
Candidates with previous experience in neurodegeneration, transcriptomics analysis and gene therapy are highly encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
Our research aims on understanding mechanisms by which neurons and neuronal networks are affected in ALS and FTD. Specifically, the posted position focuses on investigating the role of inhibitory interneurons in neuronal network dysfunctions in early stages of disease.
How to Apply?
Your online application must be submitted in English by clicking ‘Apply now’ below.
Your application must include the following documents/attachments – all in PDF format:
- Motivated letter of application (max. one page).
- CV incl. education, work/research experience, language skills and other skills relevant for the position.
- A certified/signed copy of a) PhD certificate and b) Master of Science certificate. If the PhD is not completed, a written statement from the supervisor will do.
- List of publications.
- Names and contact details for 2 referees
The applicants can submit these materials in the given fields in the online submission system.
About Research project
The project will be conducted under the supervision of Assistant Prof. Ilary Allodi. Our laboratory offers a highly international and interdisciplinary environment, The experimental approach relies on in vivo techniques, such as mouse genetics, behavioral analysis, viral vector production, multiplexing techniques and spatial transcriptomics.
About the Department
The Department of Neuroscience offers comprehensive undergraduate and graduate teaching programs focused on cell biology, brain circuits and higher brain functions in health and disease.
- Foreign applicants may find this link useful: www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
- Interviews are expected to be held in week 26-27
Ilary Allodi, PhD
Department of Neuroscience
Panum Institute 24.4, Blegdamsvej 3
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday June 1st, 2021 (GMT+9)