Postdoc position – Food microbiology and technology is available at the Department of Food Science – Food Chemistry and Technology, Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 31, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Food Science|
– Food Microbiology
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Food Science,|
|Contract Period||2 Year 5 month|
|Starting date||Aug 15, 2021 or ASAP|
- A PhD degree (or equivalent experience) in food science, food microbiology or similar
- Documented expertise in studying bacterial sporeformers, their growth, sporulation, heat-resistance, hurdles and microbial characterization.
- Preferably experience in dairy science and dairy processing.
- A good understanding of a broad variety of analytical methods within food microbiology.
- Documentation of good skills in communication of research results internationally as evidenced by a high quality publication record within food microbiology and/or food technology
- Experience in supervising students and teaching at a high academic level
Responsibilities/ Job Description
- The candidate will work around mapping hurdle combinations of acids, pH gradients and heating regimes that can inhibit spore growth for different types of dairy products.
- The candidate must work to deliver heating and formulation guidelines for acid dairy products that will ensure their stability at normal and elevated ambient storage temperatures. Stability is expected to be based on the inactivation or growth inhibition of relevant species of acid resistant sporeformers for different categories of high acid dairy products with pH≤4.6.
- Therefore, we seek a candidate with strong analytical background within food microbiology techniques, and with a good understanding of dairy technology and quality.
- The candidate is expected to take part in teaching at BSc and MSc level, as well as participating in supervision of students.
- It is expected that the post doc candidate participates in attracting funding for further research in the area. Furthermore, the project is in collaboration with the dairy industry, thus teamwork and networking skills are important
About the Research project
- The project aims to obtain new knowledge on heat processing and formulation of ambient acid dairy products in order to control acid-resistant sporeformers that may compromise quality and shelf-life.
- The work involves establishing a culture collection of acid resistant sporeformers relevant for dairy products.
- Heat inactivation experiments are performed at different temperatures in order to establish D-values as a function of pH and z-values for each species within the culture collection.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE button mentioned above
The application must be in English and include
- a curriculum vitae
- degree certificate
- a complete list of publications
- a statement of future research plans and information about research activities
- teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any). Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background. Research activities will be evaluated in relation to actual research time. Thus, we encourage applicants to specify periods of leave without research activities, in order to be able to subtract these periods from the span of the scientific career during the evaluation of scientific productivity.
Tel:+45 22 16 92 59
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday June 1st, 2021 (GMT+9)