Postdoc in Computer science in theoretical aspects of machine learning, at Department of Computer Science, Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 05, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Theoretical computer science|
– Machine learning
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Dept. of Computer Science|
|Contract Period||1 Year|
PhD Degree in related fields
Candidates with expertise in theoretical computer science and/or machine learning are preferred
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The focus of the research project is on developing and analyzing machine learning algorithms in terms of their generalization performance. Candidates with expertise in theoretical computer science and/or machine learning are preferred.
The daily work will be carried out in the Algorithms group at Aarhus University, but also with regular visits at the BARC Basic Algorithms Research Copenhagen group at Copenhagen University. The project is funded by DIREC – Digital Research Center Denmark, a national centre for research, innovation and education in digital technologies with the purpose of expanding the capacity within research and education in Denmark.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click the “Apply Online” button mentioned above
The application must be in English and include a
- Curriculum vitae
- Degree certificate
- A complete list of publications
- A statement of future research plans and information about research activities, teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any). Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
About Dept. of Computer Science
The Department of Computer Science is located in a recently built new campus called IT-City Katrinebjerg, where many institutions and companies working with information technology are located. The Department has a staff of approximately 125 people including 30 full and associate professors, 7 assistant professors, 23 postdocs and 63 PhD students. The student population is approximately 800. The Department is ranked in Top 100 on the subject rankings for Computer Science on both Times Higher Education World University Rankings and QS World University Ranking.
- Appointment shall be in accordance with the collective labour agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities.
- Salary depends on seniority as agreed between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Confederation of Professional Associations.
Kasper Green Larsen Associate professor
Department of Computer Science
Nat-Tech Administrative Centre – Nat-Tech HR
RE-ADVERTISEMENT: Dept. of Computer Science is looking for a post doc in theoretical aspects of machine learning
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday May 6th, 2021 (GMT+9)