CBMR Postdoc job – Epigenetics and Extracellular Vesicle Biology, Molecular Biology is available “to investigate the contribution of extracellular vesicles originating from somatic tissue on the epigenetic make-up of spermatozoa”, at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research (CBMR), University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Postdoc in Epigenetics and Extracellular Vesicle Biology
Deadline to Apply
Apr 19, 2021 23:59 (GMT +1)
No. of Position(s)
- Molecular Biology
- Reproductive biology
- Extracellular Vesicle Biology
- Human pathophysiology
According to standard norms
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research
University of Copenhagen
DK-2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
Professor Romain Barrès
CBMR International Postdoctoral Program
- PhD in Molecular Biology or related sciences
- Excellent scientific track record in relation to career stage
- Experience of experiments in epigenetic studies such as genome-wide assays for DNA methylation analysis (RRBS, Bisulfite Sequencing), ChIP-Seq targeting histone marks, small RNA sequencing
- Experience of a wide range of molecular biology techniques like RT-qPCR, cloning, library preparation, Sanger sequencing, luciferase assays etc.
- Experience with animal work with accreditation to conduct research in animals (FELASA C)
- Capacity to efficiently work in a multidisciplinary team to reach common goals
- Outstanding time-management skills and capacity for effective and realistic planning
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral
The fellowship is aimed at early career researchers with a basic background in the biosciences or clinicians who aspire to a career in academic medicine. We are particularly interested in candidates who are familiar with integrative research approaches within the broad area of basic metabolic research with an application towards human pathophysiology.
Knowledge of reproductive biology and anatomy, particularly in the mouse
In collaboration with Associate Professor Atul Deshmukh, Group Leader at the Center and leading proteomic researcher with experience in extracellular vesicle isolation, and Dr Rehfeld and Dr Jensen, clinicians at Rigshospitalet, the successful candidate will investigate the contribution of extracellular vesicles originating from somatic tissue on the epigenetic make-up of spermatozoa. The post-holder is expected to have a deep understanding of epigenetics and epigenetic inheritance, as well as experience in the purification and characterization of extracellular vesicles. Knowledge and experience in reproductive biology and related research, particularly of the male, would be highly regarded.
How to Apply?
Your online application must be submitted in English via the ‘Apply now’ link above. Furthermore, your application must include the following documents/attachments – all in PDF format
- Cover letter addressing each of the required and desirable criteria (max 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of the PhD degree certificate and the Master degree certificate. In case the PhD has not yet been completed, a written statement from the supervisor confirming it will be obtained before October 1, 2021 is acceptable
- List of publications
- References (name and contact details of at least two references)
About Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research’s vision is to strengthen interdisciplinary research that transforms our basic understanding of the mechanisms that underlie metabolic health and disease, and to accelerate this knowledge toward new prevention and treatment strategies. We were established in 2010 and in 2017, we moved into new laboratories, offices and meeting rooms in the Maersk Tower
The Center has around 240 employees who work in an international, highly collaborative research environment across a range of biomedical disciplines.
Salary, pension and terms of employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Depending on qualifications, a supplement may be negotiated.
Other Postdoctoral Positions
- MS, MS and PhD Programs – DGIST, South Korea
- Postdoc position in Cell biology, Denmark
- Postdoc position in Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Aero-Microbiology
- Postdoc Position in Robotics, Engineering – Aalborg, Denmark
- Postdoc Position in Biochemistry – DTU, Denmark
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday April 20th, 2021 (GMT+9)