Postdoc Position in the Socio-Technical Design group at Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering – Design and Construction, Aarhus University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 31, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Civil Engineering|
– Architectural Engineering
|Salary||According to Standard Norms|
Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering
Inge Lehmanns Gade 10
8000 Aarhus C
|Contract Period||1 Year|
|Starting Date||August 1st 2021 or ASAP|
- Applicants should as a minimum hold a PhD degree and preferable have experience in post-graduate research and publication activities
- The successful candidate must show an emerging productive publication record
- Participation in international and national networks of researchers is expected.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
- The position includes both teaching and research approx. 50/ 50
- The ideal candidate brings an aesthetically oriented Human Centered Co-Design approach to digital fabrication aimed at product, service, systems for ultra-personal solutions. Ideas on how this leads to increased sustainability within everyday life is a plus. We expect applicants to show competences in form giving, drawing and sketching.
- With regard to teaching the ideal candidate would be experienced in studio based teaching and how this may be supported both in physical presence and by digital means.
- The candidate is expected to document competences in a research account and a teaching portfolio.
How to Apply?
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY ONLINE mentioned above.
The application must be in English and include
- A curriculum vitae
- Degree certificate
- A complete list of publications
- A statement of future research plans and information about research activities
- Teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any).
Letter of reference
If you want a referee to upload a letter of reference on your behalf, please state the referee’s contact information when you submit your application. We strongly recommend that you make an agreement with the person in question before you enter the referee’s contact information, and that you ensure that the referee has enough time to write the letter of reference before the application deadline.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to ensure that letters of reference received after the application deadline will be taken into consideration.
Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
About Socio-Technical Design
The work of the Socio-Technical Design group balances it interest equally on the impact and the object of design. In particular, the group is concerned with the interplay between social constructions, designed artefacts and spaces in all its shapes; whether manifested in products, services, systems, interiors or concepts.
To do so, we adopt a cross-disciplinary approach including competences from architecture, industrial design, mechanical engineering, interaction design and anthropology inspired design.
Our research and teaching serves to bridge Engineering disciplines and Computer Science, while reaching into faculties such of Health and Arts including departments of Aesthetics, Culture and Anthropology.
The group deploys the approach of Constructive Design Research to develop new knowledge and understanding, putting sketching, co-creation and innovation framing at the heart of the research and teaching endeavours. The group takes point of departure in design being an exploratory practice where framing and re-framing questions matter as much as iterations on solutions.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background. Research activities will be evaluated in relation to actual research time. Thus, we encourage applicants to specify periods of leave without research activities, in order to be able to subtract these periods from the span of the scientific career during the evaluation of scientific productivity.
Head of Department
Research group leader in Socio-Technical Design
Professor Peter Gall Krogh
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday June 1st, 2021 (GMT+9)