Chemical, Biochemical engineering jobs – Postdoc position in Development of Digital Twins of Pilot-Scale Processes, at the Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 25, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Chemical engineering|
– Biochemical engineering
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering (DTU Chemical Eng)|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||2 Years|
|Starting date||Not specified|
Candidates should have a PhD degree or equivalent in chemical or biochemical engineering or closely related fields.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate should have hands-on experience from working with pilot-scale equipment (unit operations), as well as having an interest in programming/software development. The postdoc candidate preferably has experience with software tools such as Matlab-Simulink and Python. Experience with process instrumentation hardware and software is an advantage.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
The focus of this postdoc position is on development and implementation of digital twins in pilot‐scale equipment in the pilot plant of DTU Chemical Engineering. More specifically, the candidate is expected to:
- Perform experimental work and collect data on pilot scale equipment
- Develop and validate first-principles based or hybrid mathematical models for different physical unit operations present in the pilot plant
- Facilitate “real-time” integration of the Digital twins developed with sensor information from physical pilot scale unit operations.
- Develop and implement advanced monitoring and control strategies, in simulation and applied to pilot scale operations
- Develop educational software tools to be used in connection with the pilot scale unit operations for the department’s educational programs
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
About Research project
The position is part of the Fermentation Based bioManufacturing (FBM) initiative, a collaboration project involving DTU Bioengineering, DTU Biosustain and DTU Chemical Engineering. Sponsored by the Novo Nordisk Foundation, FBM offers a comprehensive research-based education and training program in Fermentation Based Biomanufacturing (FBM). It covers various experience levels, i.e., graduate (MSc), post graduate (PhD), and continuing education (CE). The postdoc will be working closely together with other researchers that are working on related topics.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Associate Professor Jakob K. Huusom
Tel.: +45 4525 2801
Professor Krist V. Gernaey
Tel.: +45 4525 2970
Professor John M. Woodley
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday April 26th, 2021 (GMT+9)