Postdoc Position in Medicine – Oral Protein Delivery using Microdevices is available in DTU Health Tech, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark (Pharmaceutical sciences Job, Biomedical Engineering Jobs)
Deadline to Apply
May 26, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Pharmaceutical sciences|
– Medicine or biomedical engineering
|Salary||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||DTU Health Tech|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||2.5 Year|
|Starting date||July/August 2021|
- Ph.D. degree (or equivalent). We seek a person who is in line with our IDUN values and highly self-motivated, and with an excellent flair for guiding students
- Preferably you have a pharmaceutical sciences PhD Degree, medicine, or biomedical engineering PhD Degree – with experience in small and large animal testing
- You have a profound knowledge of nano-formulations and cell penetrating peptides, and you have published related articles in the field
- Ideally, you have previously worked on a multidisciplinary project with focus on bio-interaction of nano/micro systems, and you have knowledge of microfabricated devices and the delivery of proteins
- You have lab managing experience and enjoy the interaction with team members, collaborators, and students, and you are a good communicator.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
You will be responsible for our in vitro and in vivo characterization of microdevices for oral insulin/protein drug delivery – primarily using microdevices fabricated in polymers. You will be designing the devices in close collaboration with our microfabrication specialist, and in vivo imaging will be performed in partnership with one of our Ph.D. students. The work involves handling micrometer-sized devices and developing technologies for loading, coating, and handling the devices. You will be responsible for teaching activities at our summer schools as well as supervision of students.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
About Research project
We wish to employ a postdoc within the framework of our highly interdisciplinary Center of Excellence – IDUN. The successful candidate will play a leading role in the oral drug delivery activities in the Center, interacting with several team members working in different disciplines, such as optics, biochemistry, biology, microfluidics, pharmacology, and polymer science.
The position is on the design, preparation, characterization, and testing of oral microdevice-based delivery systems for peptides and proteins like, e.g., insulin. Previously, we have worked with the concept of microcontainer devices. Here, new designs and new delivery principles will be explored.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark
- All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply
Professor Anja Boisen
#Pharmaceutical sciences Job #Biomedical Engineering Jobs
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday May 27th, 2021 (GMT+9)