Post doctoral fellowship is available in data science, At the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Clinical Medicine, Aalborg University, Denmark
POSTDOC (Post doctoral fellowship) IN DATA SCIENCE
Deadline to Apply
Apr 06, 2021 (GMT +1)
Post doctoral fellowship
No. of Position(s)
- Data science
- Computer science
According to standard norms
Department of Clinical Medicine
Bioinformatics and statistics
Professor Martin Bøgsted
Tel.: +45 5092 5639
Phone: (+45) 9940 7968
PhD in data science, computer science, or a closely related field.
- Experience with SQL databases and modern data base technologies such as Hadoop and graph data bases.
- Experience with data management of heterogeneous datasets.
- Experience in programming in e.g. C++, Python, or R.
- Knowledge of back- and front-end web development.
- Experience with biostatistics and bioinformatics is a plus.
- Motivated by interdisciplinary research.
- Curious and willing to learn new things.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English with good scientific vocabulary.
The post doctoral fellowship research will primarily be anchored within PREDICT, focussing on three objectives:
- Establishment of an integrative data lake in a super computing environment where the obtained data of PREDICT can successively be integrated.
- Participation in the development of predictive algorithms for personalized medicine in inflammatory bowel disease, based on the integrated data.
- Development of a scalable, national, web-based platform for personalized medicine in inflammatory bowel disease.
Limited teaching and supervision duties within data science at Faculty of Medicine, Aalborg University can be expected.
How to Apply?
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button above
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
About Department of Clinical Medicine
The Department of Clinical Medicine was established 1 January 2013. The department is located in connection with Aalborg University Hospital where research, education, and clinical work is united.
The Department of Clinical Medicine does clinical research within all the clinical disciplines and delivers research-based teaching to all areas of the medical master’s degree program. Furthermore, the Department of Clinical Medicine has around 40 research units each with their own speciality.
Many of the research units are organized in interdisciplinary collaborations within larger research areas such as coronary diseases, cancer, and neurological conditions. The Clinical Data Science group, Department of Clinical Medicine, Aalborg University and Department of Haematology, Aalborg University Hospital, works primarily with methodological developments and applications of bioinformatics, biostatistics, machine learning, and data management within clinical research.
The group highly interdisciplinary, employing both biostatisticians, bioinformaticians, software developers, and data managers who work in collaboration with molecular biologists and health care personnel throughout the Danish health care sector. Based on real world health data and molecular biomarkers, the focus is currently on establishing scalable, national decision support tools for personalized medicine and health economics benefit.
The group also participates in the Danish National Research Foundation’s Center for Molecular Prediction of Inflammatory Bowels Disease (PREDICT), the Danish Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Research Centre for Precision Medicine in Blood Cancer, and several SARS-CoV-2 focused research projects.
Appointment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Higher Education and Science’s Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Salary is in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC) on Academics in the State. The first 3 months of your employment is a trial period.
Other Postdoctoral Positions
- Postdoc Position in Animal Science – Aarhus, Denmark
- Associate Professor Position – Economics, Sociology – Sustainable Transition and Valuation
- Assistant professor or Postdoc position in Political Science, Denmark
- Postdoc position in Quantitative methods, Denmark
- Postdoc position in Biology and Data science, Denmark
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday April 7th, 2021 (GMT+9)