PhD Vacancies Denmark is available to build strong knowledge and competencies within development and characterization of dielectric materials for capacitors, within the Centre for Industrial Electronics (CIE), at The Faculty of Engineering at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU)
READVERTISMENT – PhD positions in Electrical Engineering
June 30, 2021 23:59 (GMT +1)
No. of Position(s)
- Power Electronics
- Electrical Engineering
25,118.35 DKK / Month
Section Electrical Engineering
Centre for Industrial Electronics (CIE)
Associate Professor Thomas Ebel
Head of CIE
Phone: +45 93 50 72 05 Email: email@example.com.
You have a master degree in Power Electronics, Physics, Chemistry or related fields (equivalent to a Danish master’s degree).
- You are a team player and have strong communication skills.
- You are interested in a longer term commitment in a growing research group and you are willing to work in close cooperation with industry.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- You will conduct research in the field of modern power capacitors, e.g., metallized film capacitors. It includes to develop new dielectric materials, fabricate and characterize capacitor devices as well as validate the experimental results by theoretical modelling.
- You will participate in planning, execution and documentation of projects with industrial partners.
- You will be involved in the daily supervision of Master and Bachelor students.
- You will publish and present your work both at international conferences and in scientific journals with high impact.
- You will assist in teaching activities.
How to Apply?
- Applications must be submitted electronically using the link “Apply online”
- We strongly recommend that you read How to apply before you apply.
The application must be in English and must include the following
- Completed TEK PhD application form for 5+3 applicants.
- Motivation letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. 2 pages). Upload in the field called “Project description”.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, describing research, publication and teaching experience, computational skills and including personal contact information.
- Verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master’s diploma and transcripts of exams, both original and translated into English.
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official and verified written assessment of the thesis or dissertation project from the grade giving institution, if the thesis/examination project is evaluated by approved/passed. The statement must clearly state that the candidate has been among the top 30 pct. in the graduation class for the study programme.
- List of publications and examples of relevant publications, in case you have any publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication.
- References, if any. Reference letters may also be included. You’re welcome to use the form for reference letter at the Faculty website
The task portfolio of the PhDs will be linked to several projects within CIE. CIE is embedded in a powerhouse in electronics, which includes researchers and developers at universities and industries on both sides of the Danish-German border. CIE is a new initiative striving for high quality and great impact of its research, innovation and education. Central to achieving this objective is access to state-of-the-art facilities and close collaborations with industries.
The aim of the position is to build strong knowledge and competencies within development and characterization of dielectric materials for capacitors. It includes development of theoretical models to support the experimental results.
- If you experience technical problems you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employment is governed by the Protocol on PhD Research Fellows signed by the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
- The successful candidate will be enrolled at SDU in accordance with Faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order), read more here.
- 2 PhD Positions with stipends in Computer Science, Denmark
- PhD stipend in Electrical Engineering and Electronic Engineering, Denmark
- PhD position with Scholarship in Environmental engineering, Marine ecology, Geography, Statistics
- Research Assistants in Immunology – Aarhus, Denmark
- PhD Position in Biotechnology, Bioscience
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday July 1st, 2021 (GMT+9)