Fully-funded PhD positions (with Scholarships) in the field of Social Data Science, Politics, Society at the Department of Politics and Society, Aalborg University, Denmark (Opportunities for Graduates in Social Science Majors or Degree)
Deadline to Apply
May 15, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|Position||Fully-funder PhD Positions|
|No. of Position(s)||Few positions|
|Research Area||– History|
– Institutions, Policy & Behavior
– Public Administration & Digitalization
– Global Dynamics & Politics
|Scholarship||According to the standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Politics and Society|
Faculty of Social Sciences
|Contract Period||3 Years|
Applicants to the PhD scholarship must hold a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree. Applicants enrolled at a Danish Master programme who expect to graduate before the date of appointment must forward statement from thesis supervisor, verified transcripts, a copy of thesis contract and documentation for the date of their final exam.
The successful applicant(s) will be associated with research cluster(s) in dependence of the research profile of the proposed project. Each of the four clusters hosts two or more research groups and the successful applicant(s) will be a member of one of them.
We encourage applicants to contact the supervisor with whom they hope to work and together develop a suitable research proposal.
For this position, we are particularly interested in applications from candidates with project proposals in the area of social data science. Candidates with alternative research interests and project proposals are also encouraged to apply.
How to Apply?
The complete application including attachments shall be sent electronically by selecting the “apply online”
- letter of motivation
- Application form
- project proposal (approx. 5 pages) containing the research project title, an outline of the course of study and a description of the overall problem areas
- information on which language the PhD thesis is expected to be written in
- curriculum vitae
- diplomas confirming academic degrees (Master degree), including academic transcripts
- Applicants WHO are planning to complete a doctoral thesis in English and who do not have English as a first language or WHO have not completed an English language-based Master’s programme (or an equivalent educational achievement in English) shall provide documentation that they have passed one of the following official tests with the respective minimum score: IELTS (band score):7 TOEFL (paper-based): 600, TOEFL (internet-based): 100.
- Co-author statement. If publications that have been written in cooperation with others are submitted, a declaration from each of the authors must be enclosed. The declaration must state the extent of the applicant’s contribution to the total work and be signed by the authors.
- Application for credit transfer if relevant.
About the Department of Politics and Society
The Department of Politics and Society is dedicated to the study of political and societal developments with local, national and /or international relevance. Our faculty research the past and the present in an effort to shape the future, and we transmit our research into a number of high-quality educational programs. The department is located at the main campus of Aalborg University in Aalborg with a branch at the Copenhagen campus.
Research at the Department of Politics and Society is organized in four clusters. Each research cluster is divided into research groups that are dedicated to conduct cutting-edge research within their fields of expertise.
- Institutions, Policy & Behavior
- Public Administration & Digitalization
- Global Dynamics & Politics
According to the PhD Order, the PhD study comprises among other requirements: Participation in active research environments, including stays at other, mainly foreign, research institutions, private research enterprises etc.
You may obtain further information regarding the academic contents of the position from Head of Department, Michael Baggesen Klitgaard, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions regarding the procedure of applying for the position, please contact Mette Bjerring, email@example.com
Post expires at 12:39pm on Sunday May 16th, 2021 (GMT+9)