PhD scholarships for Graduates in Nonlinear Optics and Bio photonics at DTU Fotonik, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 26, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Physics|
– Electrical engineering
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Section for Nonlinar Optics and Biophotonics |
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Not Specified|
A two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) within physics, optics, electrical engineering or other relevant areas of the technical sciences or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree.
The assessment of the applicants will be made by a Department panel.
- Development of mid-infrared optical coherence tomography (OCT) systems based on supercontinuum light sources for non-destructive testing and bioimaging
- Development of ultra-violet supercontinuum sources for the semiconductor industry, based on gas-filled hollow-core optical fibers
- Radiation chemistry studied with THz-driven femtosecond electron bunches
- Femtosecond studies of field-driven chemical reactions
- Processing of quantum states using nonlinear effects in combination with higher-order modes in optical fibers
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online,” fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one pdf file.
Applications must be submitted as one pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
About the project/department
The research in the Section for Nonlinear Optics and Biophotonics is focused on nonlinear optics in fibers (supercontinuum generation and frequency conversion across the spectrum, from the mid-IR to the deep UV), the use of optical fibers for advanced sensing, the use of specialty fibers for exploitation of higher-order mode transport of classical and quantum information, and the use of the longest wavelengths for ultrafast THz spectroscopy (imaging and sensing with THz beams, nonlinear THz spectroscopy, extreme near-field THz measurements, and THz field-driven nonlinearities).
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
- All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday May 27th, 2021 (GMT+9)