Solid State Battery jobs – PhD scholarship is available to develop a new miniaturized solid state battery, at DTU Energy, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 20, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Solid State Battery, Physics, Chemistry, Materials science|
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||DTU Energy, Technical University of Denmark|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
A MSc degree in engineering, physics, chemistry, materials science or similar
- A strong background in applied physics/materials science
- Thin film growth by pulsed laser deposition or sputtering
- Fabrication and testing of electrical thin film devices and materials
- The ability to work independently with a strong drive, to plan and carry out complicated tasks, and to be a part of a large, dynamic group
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Experience in programming, finite element modelling or writing measurement software is advantageous, but not a requirement.
We seek a PhD candidate for synthesis, preparation, and materials processing of new metal oxides thin films to fabricate all Solid-State Batteries. This involves the synthesis of solid-state electrolyte materials and electrodes based on thin films devices with tailored microstructure and interfaces. Investigation of structurally defined sharp interfaces without impurities is an effective approach to develop low-resistance interfaces in batteries. Electrolyte/electrode interfaces fabricated without exposing the electrode surfaces to air provide an ideal platform to clarify intrinsic battery performance and this will be carried out using Pulsed Laser Deposition (PLD) and sputtering. The ultimate aim of this work is to fabricate a working micro solid-state-battery on Si. This promises a step-change in energy density and a reduction in battery volume.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc)
- List of publications
- Grade transcripts and diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
About the Lab
DTU Energy is focusing on functional materials and their application in sustainable energy technology. Our research areas include fuel cells, electrolysis, solar cells, magnetic refrigeration, superconductivity and thermoelectrics. Additional information about the department can be found on www.ecs.dtu.dk
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Professor Nini Pryds
Phone: +45 46 77 57 52
- PhD position with Scholarship in Environmental engineering, Marine ecology, Geography, Statistics
- 2 PhD Positions with stipends in Computer Science, Denmark
- PhD stipend in Electrical Engineering and Electronic Engineering, Denmark
- Research Assistants in Immunology – Aarhus, Denmark
- PhD Position in Biotechnology, Bioscience
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday April 21st, 2021 (GMT+9)