PhD scholarship in Social Data Science and business models is available at Business Design Lab, and AI Growth Lab, Faculty of Social Sciences, Aalborg University Business School (AAUBS), Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 15, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Social Science|
– Social Data Science
– Business Models
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Business Design Lab|
AI Growth Lab
Strategy, Organization and Management Research Group
Faculty of Social Sciences
Aalborg University Business School
|Contract Period||3 Years|
The PhD scholarship has a duration of three years. Applicants to the PhD scholarship must hold a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree. Applicants enrolled at a Danish Master programme who expect to graduate before the date of appointment must forward statement from thesis supervisor, verified transcripts, a copy of thesis contract and documentation for the date of their final exam.
Responsibilities/ Job Description
For this position, we are particularly interested in applications from candidates with project proposals in the area of digitalization and business models. Conceptually this Ph.D. project should bring together the emerging literature on management of data-driven business applications, focusing mainly on machine learning and AI solutions, in combination with business model innovation. The project aims at identifying and analyzing practices within established companies as they embark on this transformation.
The successful applicant(s) will be associated with our Business Design Lab and AI Growth Lab and be a member of the Strategy, Organization and Management Research Group (SOM). SOM is a research group focusing on organization, strategies, and business models of incumbent firms and startups. At the micro-level, the group is particularly interested in leadership, organizational culture, careers, inequality, job satisfaction, promotions and the impact of HRM practices on employees. At the macro-level, business model development, strategy work, organizational change, transformation, digitalization, ecosystems, university-industry collaboration and uncertainty are among the current strong interests of the group.
Participation in active research environments, including stays at other, mainly foreign, research institutions, private research enterprises etc.
How to Apply?
The complete application including attachments shall be sent electronically by selecting the “apply online”
Please find information on admission requirements for PhD positions on the website of the Doctoral School.
- letter of motivation – maximum 2 pages
- Application form
- project proposal (approx. 5 pages) containing the research project title, an outline of the course of study and a description of the overall problem areas
- information on which language the PhD thesis is expected to be written in
- curriculum vitae
- diplomas confirming academic degrees (Master degree), including academic transcripts
- Applicants WHO are planning to complete a doctoral thesis in English and who do not have English as a first language or WHO have not completed an English language-based Master’s programme (or an equivalent educational achievement in English) shall provide documentation that they have passed one of the following official tests with the respective minimum score: IELTS (band score):7 TOEFL (paper-based): 600, TOEFL (internet-based): 100.
- Co-author statement. If publications that have been written in cooperation with others are submitted, a declaration from each of the authors must be enclosed. The declaration must state the extent of the applicant’s contribution to the total work and be signed by the authors.
- Application for credit transfer if relevant.
Please note that zipped files are not supported by the recruitment system, please upload only Word or PDF files.
About the Project
Aalborg University Business School (AAUBS) invites applications for a fully-funded Ph.D. position. AAUBS is a newly established business school at Aalborg University, a science and technology-focused university with world-class research in a number of disciplines. Aalborg University is a founding institution in Problem-Based Learning and with this as a guiding principle, the Business School aims at playing a major role in bridging the gap between business and science by commercializing inventions and generating growth in businesses. The prerequisite for this is relevant research of the highest quality. We have a strategy of publishing our research in leading journals in our fields. We take current trends and issues into account in all the knowledge we produce. Only then can we contribute with business-critical insights that make a difference for society.
You may obtain further information regarding the academic contents of the position from:
Head of Business School
If you have questions regarding the procedure of applying for the position, please contact
Post expires at 8:59am on Sunday May 16th, 2021 (GMT+9)