Mechanical Engineering jobs – PhD scholarship in Novel Methods for Industrial Process Integration and Electrification, DTU, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 15, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Mechanical Engineering|
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||Department of Mechanical Engineering|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Not specified|
Candidates should have a two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree.
The candidate is expected to have acquired knowledge in thermal engineering disciplines, industrial process integration and numerical modelling of systems as refrigeration and vapor compression heat pump cycles.
You will be involved in research focused on industrial process integration by applying and developing methods for integration between the process demands and advanced heat pump cycles for high temperature supply. In collaboration with other researchers, you will also contribute to a framework for providing a software solution for decision makers and system designers in the field of industrial heat pump systems. The work will be closely related to research in high-temperature heat pumps and demonstration of these in the production processes of the industrial partners in the project.
Your primary tasks will be to:
- Conduct research on component-based and object-based modeling in modern modeling and simulation environments – including EES Engineering Equation Solver, Matlab and Python
- Develop solutions for integration of models into larger model frameworks covering industrial process integration
- Integrate models of advanced high-temperature heat pump system configurations for various refrigerants in process integration
- Development of best-practice solutions for heat pump-based process heat supply for processes in the food sector, including slaughterhouses, dairy and brewery
- Communicate and disseminate research results nationally and internationally to all relevant stakeholders
- Participate in teaching and supervision of students at BSc and MSc levels.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
About DTU Mechanical Engineering
DTU Mechanical Engineering covers the fundamental engineering disciplines within Solid mechanics, Fluid mechanics, Coastal and Maritime Engineering, Energy systems and energy conversion, Materials and Surface Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering design and Product development. The department has a scientific staff of about 135 persons, 100 PhD students and a technical/administrative support staff of about 80 persons.
PhD candidate for participating in solving the challenges related to making industry’s high temperature demands part of the green transition of the energy system. The research focuses on process integration options for heating and cooling demands in combination with efficient electrification using high-temperature vapor compression heat pumps. The PhD project is part of a collaboration project involving academic and industrial partners under the SuPrHeat project ( http://suprheat.dk/ ). The work aims at providing means for optimal cycle configurations for the range of relevant temperature of heat demands and sources by use of natural refrigerants
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Brian Elmegaard, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Post expires at 8:59am on Sunday May 16th, 2021 (GMT+9)