Food technology – PhD scholarship in Promoting Functionality of Cheese Powder without the Use of Additives, in the National Food Institute (DTU Food) at the Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 09, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Food technology|
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||National Food Institute (DTU Food) |
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||July 01, 2021|
You must have a two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree
- Candidates with master degree in food technology and related areas are preferred
- Experience in spray drying processing method.
- Experience with biopolymer stabilized emulsion systems.
- Experience with microscopy, physicochemical and analytical characterization techniques such as bulk and interfacial rheology, GPC, ICP and DLS.
- Previous experience in Innovation R&D projects.
We want to expand our research in development of innovative sustainable and effective production processes to improve functional properties of proteins in spray dryer feed and spray dried cheese powder.
Your contribution to the research is to improve functional properties of cheese powder by optimising spray dryer feed characteristics. The use of green processing methods to manipulate calcium partitioning in cheese melt and protein emulsifying function is going to be studied to reach these goals.
The project will cover the following tasks:
- Investigate the effect of electric field on mineral partitioning in cheese emulsion made of various types of cheese
- Optimization of the cheese emulsion characteristics as spray dryer feed (cheese feed).
- Characterisation of the morphology, stability, and functionality of cheese powder.
Further, you will have tasks including:
- Preparation of project meetings
- Disseminate results at conferences and through scientific articles
- Supervision duties of bachelor or master student during project work
- A mandatory external research stay
- Attend PhD courses (30 ECTS)
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter) and your research interest and experience
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
About the project
The National Food Institute (DTU Food) at the Technical University of Denmark invites applications for a position as Ph.D. student in the Research Group for Food Production Engineering. In our research, we use food processing in creating a sustainable and effective food production, optimizing resource consumption, utilizing side streams and developing technologies and food products for speciﬁc requirements. The research group has a dynamic staff with high international visibility, many research collaborations with leading international universities and organisations and a successful track record of national and international research projects.
If you dream of a career in science where you can make a significant impact on developing new technologies for a more healthy and sustainable future in collaboration between industry and university, then this position may just be for you. The PhD position is aiming to promote functionality of cheese powder without the use of additives. The project involves a close collaboration with Lactosan A/S.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Mohammad Amin Mohammadifar
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday June 10th, 2021 (GMT+9)