PhD scholarship in Electromagnetic Field Theory Analysis for Extreme Dielectric Confinement of Light, in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Department of Photonics are cooperating within the Center for Nanophotonics (NanoPhoton), DTU, Denmark
PhD scholarship in Electromagnetic Field Theory Analysis for Extreme Dielectric Confinement of Light
Mar 28, 2021 (GMT +1)
No. of Position(s)
Electromagnetic field theory
According to standard norms
Department of Electrical Engineering
Center for Nanophotonics
Professor Olav Breinbjerg
Phone: +45 2082 2908.
Candidates should have a two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree. The degree must be in a field relevant for the PhD project and the candidate must possess strong skills in the mathematics of electromagnetic field theory, good skills in programming, and good skills in experimental work. Excellent English writing and speaking skills are mandatory
The PhD student must undertake the research project under supervision and fulfil the education, dissemination, and teaching requirements for PhD projects at DTU. The PhD student will work closely with other researchers and coordinate her/his work according to the mission of NanoPhoton. The research will include theoretical, computational as well as experimental works, and the PhD scholarship must exercise high scientific standards in each type of work. The two main objectives are
- A rigorous field theoretical understanding of extreme light confinement
- Experimental demonstration of extreme microwave field confinement
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
- DTU PhD position in Wind Energy, Denmark
- PhD Position in Robotics, Engineering – Aalborg, Denmark
- PhD Position in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering – SDU, Denmark
- PhD stipend in Electrical Engineering and Electronic Engineering, Denmark
- PhD position with Scholarship in Environmental engineering, Marine ecology, Geography, Statistics
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday March 29th, 2021 (GMT+9)