PhD scholarship in Biotherapeutic Engineering and Nanomedicine, at DTU Health Tech, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 28, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Chemistry|
– Molecular biology
– Materials science
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||DTU Health Tech|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Oct 01, 2021|
- You must have a two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree.
- The successful candidate will have a degree in chemistry, molecular biology, or materials science with outstanding results. The candidate should have thoroughly documented laboratory experience from either an organic chemistry setting, or a molecular biology setting
Statistical training and programming experience is an advantage.
Your overall focus will be advancing new materials for use in molecular biology. This entails synthesis, in vitro testing, as well as pre-clinical evaluation in animal models. The project is interdisciplinary in nature, and the successful applicant will acquire a diverse set of skills, and have the opportunity to explore interests in polymer synthesis, assay development, immunology, and biostatistics.
Specifically, the work will involve:
- Organic synthesis
- Assaying polymers for lipid nanodisc formation capabilities by in vitro models.
- Pre-clinical testing in murine models.
- Teach and supervise BSc and MSc student projects.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
About DTU Health Tech
DTU Health Tech engages in research, education, and innovation base on technical and natural science for the healthcare sector. The Healthcare sector is a globally expanding market with demands for the most advanced technological solutions. DTU Health Tech creates the foundation for companies to develop new and innovative services and products which benefit people and create value for society. DTU Health Techs expertise spans from imaging and biosensor techniques, across digital health and biological modelling, to biopharma technologies. The department has a scientific staff of about 175 persons, 130 PhD students and a technical/administrative support staff of about 80 persons.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Main supervisor, Anton A. A. Autzen
Post expires at 8:59am on Saturday May 29th, 2021 (GMT+9)