Arts and Cultural Studies jobs – PhD scholarship to conduct an individual research project and will take part in the Art as Forum research group as well as in the organization of research and outreach activities, in the Department of Arts and Cultural Studies, Faculty of Humanities, University of Copenhagen (UCPH), Denmark
Deadline to Apply
May 14, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||Arts and cultural studies|
|Scholarship||According to Standard Norms|
|Workplace||Department of Arts and Cultural Studies, Faculty of Humanities|
University of Copenhagen (UCPH), Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
- Applicants need to hold a two-year Master’s degree (120 ECTS) or the equivalent.
- Applicant should hold qualifications in arts and cultural studies and have solid theoretical and analytical competences
- Excellent communication skills in English are essential, and applicants must speak and write academic English. The administration may ask applicants to document their proficiency in English at any time during the recruitment process.
- Applicants must have submitted their thesis at the time of application, to the extent the thesis forms part of their Master program. In case you have not obtained your diploma by the application deadline, you must include a statement (pre-approval) from your university declaring that you have been awarded the master degree.
The PhD scholar is expected to conduct an individual research project and will take part in the Art as Forum research group as well as in the organization of research and outreach activities. More information about the centre can be found here: https://artsandculturalstudies.ku.dk/art-as-forum/
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply Now”, mentioned above
Complete CV, including a list of publications, where relevant.
The application must include a detailed project description containing the overall objectives, reflections on the intended PhD project’s method and design as well as a timetable. This description should refer to the project “Art as Forum”.
The description must not exceed six standard pages, corresponding to max. 12,000 characters including spaces (including curriculum, title, punctuation, figures, footnotes and references, but excluding bibliography/bibliography). Applications that do not comply with these guidelines will not be considered.
Diploma and transcript of records
Applicants must upload the following:
- A copy of their Master’s degree diploma (if this not available before the application deadline, pre-approval must be submitted)
- A copy of their Master’s degree transcript (including an official description of the grading scale)
- A copy of their Bachelor’s degree diploma
- A copy of their Bachelor’s degree transcript (including an official description of the grading scale).
If the Master’s diploma and/or transcripts are in a language other than English, German, French, Spanish, Danish, Norwegian or Swedish, the application must also include a translation into one of these languages.
The diplomas/certificates and transcripts must be translated by, or the translation of them approved by, the Danish embassy or consulate in the country where the original document was issued.
About Department of Arts and Cultural Studies
The main subjects covered by the Department of Arts and Cultural Studies are cultural production and art, cultural theory, cultural history and cultural dissemination. The Department conducts research and runs higher education programs from BA to PhD level. Further information about the department can be found at www.artsandculturalstudies.ku.dk
PhD scholars at the Faculty of Humanities are appointed under the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. According to the agreement, PhD scholars are obliged – without any additional remuneration – to perform tasks assigned to them corresponding to 840 working hours over the three years. These tasks will primarily be in the form of teaching, dissemination, research or other related academic areas.
Professor Frederik Tygstrup
HR employee Salma Schou
- 2 PhD Positions with stipends in Computer Science, Denmark
- PhD stipend in Electrical Engineering and Electronic Engineering, Denmark
- PhD position with Scholarship in Environmental engineering, Marine ecology, Geography, Statistics
- Research Assistants in Immunology – Aarhus, Denmark
- PhD Position in Biotechnology, Bioscience
Post expires at 8:59am on Saturday May 15th, 2021 (GMT+9)