PhD Position in Machine Learning in Wireless Communication, Telecommunication Engineering is available at DTU Fotonik, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark.
Deadline to Apply
May 26, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Telecommunication Engineering|
– Machine learning in Wireless communication
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
Technical University of Denmark,
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Not Specified|
- A two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) in engineering, specializing in telecommunication or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree.
- Good communication skills in English are required.
PhD students to do research within different projects over a broad area of topics covering
- 5G networks
- IoT solutions
- datacentre infrastructures
- SDN and NFV
- Machine learning in communication systems
- transmission and video coding
- Silicon Photonics
- Pbit/s transmission systems
- Security e.g. QKD
- Time Sensitive Networking
- Mission critical application etc.
All our research are to some extend related to national or international research programs and the PhD study will usually be related and integrated into one or more of these activities.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online,” fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one pdf file.
Applications must be submitted as one pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
About the project
The communication section at DTU Fotonik works with a wide areas of communication systems ranging from small IoT devices to ultra-high capacity optical transport systems.
The section is divided into 4 research groups with different focus, but also strong collaboration in between the groups as well with the rest of the department and other department with the university (virtual centres on e.g. IoT, Quantum technology, etc.).
- Coding & Visual Communication
- Networks Technology and Service Platforms
- High-Speed Optical Communications
- Machine Learning in Photonic Systems
The assessment of the applicants will be made by head of section Lars Dittmann.
- All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Professor Lars Dittmann
Post expires at 8:59am on Thursday May 27th, 2021 (GMT+9)