Few PhD positions in the CoaST Research Centre at DTU Chemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 08, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||Few positions|
|Research Area||Chemical Engineering|
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
|Workplace||CoaST Research Centre|
DTU Chemical Engineering
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
You must have a two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree.
A number of PhD positions will be available over the coming period for very ambitious persons within the following areas:
- New and improved test and characterization of organic, polymer based coatings
- Efficient production methods, in-line quality control
- New and significantly improved technologies for pigment dispersion.
- Hindering bio-contamination in waterbased coatings production
- Sustainable raw materials for coatings, i.e. bio-based polymers or fillers, replacement of problematic raw materials
- The use of Artificial Intelligence in the formulation, testing and/or productions of coatings.
- Increasing the use of mathematical modelling as a tool in practical coatings formulation.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum Vitale
- BSc/MSc and potential PhD diploma and grade transcripts
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and excel spreadsheet here)
- A short statement (up to 400 words) to outline your research interests and indicate the rationale behind your choice of the project (area of research).
About Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
The Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering at DTU is a leader in innovative teaching and research, built on core technical subjects and engineering scientific disciplines. The teaching and research covers separation processes, reaction engineering, dynamics and process regulation, process and facility planning, unit operations, heat transmission, fluid mechanics and applied thermodynamics. The Department enjoys very close relations with international partners, and especially a wide range of industrial companies.
The Research Centre, CoaST
CoaST is the abbreviation for The Hempel Foundation Coatings Science and Technology Centre. The activities in CoaST cover organic, polymer based coating technologies from raw materials, over formulation, test and characterization to production and application. In the broad perspective, the centre supports development, production and use of high performance coatings with improved sustainability profiles over the lifetime of the coating.
Areas of our present research are e.g. anticorrosive coatings for steel structures, blade coatings for wind turbines, intumescent coatings for passive fire protection, fouling control coatings for ships and other constructions, insulation coatings for heat loss reduction etc. The research is focused on improving the sustainability profile of heavy duty coatings, reducing the use of unwanted substances, facilitating the use of renewable raw materials, improving formulation and test methods through the use of mathematical modelling – and on the invention of totally new types of coatings technology with superior performance or functionality.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Head of Department, Professor Kim Dam-Johansen
Tel.: +45 4525 2845
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday June 9th, 2021 (GMT+9)