2 PhD scholarships in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Field Service, at DTU Compute, Technical University of Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 27, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||2|
|Research Area||– Machine Learning|
– Artificial Intelligence
|Scholarship||According to standard norms|
Technical University of Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Jan 01, 2022|
You should have a two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics or another closely related field.
- Experience in developing algorithms for ML, AI and Statistics.
- Experience in data mining and cleansing
- Good programming skills in R, Python and/or Matlab (experience with the Pytorch API will be considered a plus)
- Good project management skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Fluent in English, spoken as well as written
- Some basic knowledge of Operations Research and Route Planning would be good, to improve collaboration with other work packages
We are looking for ambitious candidates for two PhD projects (3-year, full-time). The two projects will focus on development of
- Demand Management. You will develop algorithms for situation dependent prediction of customer demand and estimation of prediction uncertainties. Various machine learning methods (including deep learning) will be assessed towards their applicability and advanced to tackle the domain specific challenges. Furthermore, you will develop suitable visualization tools for problem identification and diagnostics.
Starting date: 1st September 2021 (or according to mutual agreement).
- Remote Resolution. You will analyze large amounts of natural language data provided by TDC NET. Natural language processing (NLP) algorithms will be developed to classify customer demands remotely. Suitable Machine learning methods will be identified, utilized and advanced to tackle the domain specific tasks. Customer patterns of interest will be visualized adequately to be analyzed in collaboration with Stakeholders from TDC NET and Qampo.
How to Apply?
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter) – Please state in your application which position you are applying for.
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
- A research statement (2-3 pages) explaining your ideas and relevant literature
About DTU Compute
DTU Compute is a unique and internationally recognized academic environment spanning the science disciplines mathematics, statistics, computer science, and engineering. We conduct research, teaching and innovation of high international standard—producing new knowledge and technology-based solutions to societal challenges. We have a long-term involvement in applied and interdisciplinary research, big data and data science, artificial intelligence (AI), internet of things (IoT), smart and secure societies, smart manufacturing, and life science.
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union
- If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Professor, Bjarne Ersbøll (DTU)
Tel.: +45 4525 3413
Associate Professor Andreas Baum
Head of advanced analytics, Kristian Edlund (TDC NET)
Tel: +45 2091 6758.
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday June 28th, 2021 (GMT+9)