PhD scholarship in energy demand forecasting is available in Center for Energy Informatics at University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 01, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Research Area||– Engineering|
– Natural Science
|Scholarship||~ 3.378 Euro|
|Workplace||Center for Energy Informatics|
University of Southern Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||September 1st, 2021|
- We are looking for a highly-motivated and ambitious student with excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken), who can work well in a team as well as independently and quickly acquire knowledge in new topics
- The preferable candidate has a master’s degree in engineering or natural science (equivalent to a Danish master’s degree).
- The research focus of the PhD is to develop a big data driven hybrid AI framework method for forecasting the energy demand of industrial production.
- The project will have an experiential focus on industrial load forecasting, optimization and control strategies for local energy system operation, and production flow flexibility.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click APPLY ONLINE mentioned above.
The application must be in English and must include the following – the required forms must be found at the Faculty website:
- Completed TEK PhD application form for 5+3 applicants. Find the form at the Faculty website.
- Motivation letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. 2 pages). Upload in the field called “Project description”.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, describing research, publication and teaching experience, computational skills and including personal contact information.
- Verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master’s diploma and transcripts of exams, both original and translated into English.
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. Find the form at the Faculty website. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official and verified written assessment of the thesis or dissertation project from the grade giving institution, if the thesis/examination project is evaluated by approved/passed. The statement must clearly state that the candidate has been among the top 30 pct. in the graduation class for the study programme.
- List of publications and maximum 2 examples of relevant publications, in case you have any publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication.
- Reference letters may also be included. You’re welcome to use the form for reference letter at the Faculty website.
About the project/department
- Center for Energy Informatics is an interdisciplinary industry-oriented research and innovation center with an international outlook. The center focuses on development of innovative solutions that can facilitate the global transition towards a sustainable energy system.
- The Sino-Danish Center is part of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences and facilitates collaboration between Danish and Chinese researchers. Research at the Sino-Danish Center focuses on the energy challenges the world are facing.
- The PhD project is part of the Sino-Danish Center’s Sustainable Energy Systems program and will include a research stay in Beijing of 9 months.
If you experience technical problems you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of Centre
Bo Nørregaard Jørgensen
Post expires at 8:59am on Wednesday June 2nd, 2021 (GMT+9)