PhD Position in Sociology Studies, Social Science, Social Work Studies for Graduates in Social Work is available in the Department of Sociology and Social work, Aalborg University, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
Apr 25, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||One|
|Research Area||– Sociology|
– Social Science
– Social work
|Scholarship||According to Standard Norms|
|Workplace||Department of Sociology and Social Work|
|Contract Period||3 Years|
- Applicants to the PhD scholarship must hold a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree
- Applicants enrolled at a Danish Master programme who expect to graduate before the date of appointment must forward statement from thesis supervisor, verified transcripts, a copy of thesis contract and documentation for the date of their final exam.
- Please find information on admission requirements for PhD positions on the website of the Doctoral School.
Furthermore, for this position the following qualification requirements are assessed:
- Ability to describe a PhD project with a clear description of a knowledge gap within social work research as well as the suggested theoretical, methodological, empirical and practical approach to address this problem.
- Ability to work both as an independent researcher and in collaboration with a research environment as well as relevant external partners in science and social work.
- Commitment, dedication, enthusiasm and ability to contribute to advancing social work research
- The position is available for a candidate who has knowledge and competences relevant for social work research, and is highly motivated for contributing to advancing social work research theoretically, methodologically, empirically and practically.
Social Work Research at the Department of Sociology and Social Work, Aalborg University is in a broad sense concerned with investigating social and human processes of change, and how these relate to e.g. changing societies, social problems, welfare policies, organisation of human services, the encounter between social workers and citizens and/or changes in people’s lives and living conditions including various forms of vulnerabilities.
Social Work Research is highly dedicated to make research relevant to society through dialogue, interaction and collaboration with stakeholders, practitioners etc. Moreover, it is characterized by diversity and cross-disciplinarily in terms of theoretical, methodological, empirical and practical approaches to research and offers good possibilities for national and international collaboration.
How to Apply?
The complete application including attachments shall be sent electronically by selecting the “apply online” function on AAU’s job-portal https://www.stillinger.aau.dk/ (not other online job portals that may have reposted the position).
Please note that zipped files are not supported by the recruitment system, please upload only Word or PDF files.
- Letter of motivation
- Project proposal (approx. 5 pages) containing the research project title, an outline of the course of study and a description of the overall problem areas, see further description above
- Information on which language the PhD thesis is expected to be written in
- Curriculum vitae
- Diplomas confirming academic degrees (Master degree), including academic transcripts
- Applicants who are planning to complete a doctoral thesis in English and who do not have English as a first language or who have not completed an English language-based Master’s programme (or an equivalent educational achievement in English) shall provide documentation that they have passed one of the following official tests with the respective minimum score: IELTS (band score):7 TOEFL (paper-based): 600, TOEFL (internet-based): 100. The language test must be no more than five years old at the time of the application.
- Co-author statement. If publications that have been written in cooperation with others are submitted, a declaration from each of the authors must be enclosed. The declaration must state the extent of the applicant’s contribution to the total work and be signed by the authors.
- Application for credit transfer if relevant.
PHD POSITION IN SOCIAL WORK
- DTU PhD position in Wind Energy, Denmark
- PhD Position in Robotics, Engineering – Aalborg, Denmark
- PhD Position in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering – SDU, Denmark
- PhD position with Scholarship in Environmental engineering, Marine ecology, Geography, Statistics
- 2 PhD Positions with stipends in Computer Science, Denmark
Post expires at 8:59am on Monday April 26th, 2021 (GMT+9)