PhD position at SDU Robotics, part of the Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
Deadline to Apply
June 14, 2021 (23: 59 GMT +1)
|No. of Position(s)||1|
|Scholarship||25121.16 DKK / Month|
Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute
University of Southern Denmark
|Contract Period||3 Years|
|Starting date||Aug 2021|
The candidate must hold a MSc degree in robotics, control or similar (equivalent to a Danish master’s degree) and should have the following qualifications:
- Experience in design and development of software for industrial robotics applications
- Expert knowledge in modelling and control of robots
- Knowledge about programming by demonstration
- Experience within compliance control and direct force control
- Experience within force estimation
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written
The candidate will participate in activities of the SDU Robotics section, specifically the research project PIRAT funded by Innovation Fund Denmark on programming by demonstration for industrial assembly. The aim of the project is to enable kinesthetic teaching of robotic assembly tasks with high reliability. The work involves:
- Research within programming by demonstration for industrial assembly
- Research on physical human-robot interaction
- Collaboration with external industrial partners
- Implementation of developed research into software applications
How to Apply?
- Please click “Apply Online” button mentioned above
- The Faculty expects applicants to read the Faculty information for prospective PhD students and the SDU information on How to apply before applying.
The application must be in English and must include the following – the required forms must be found at the Faculty website:
- Completed TEK PhD application form for 5+3 applicants. Find the form at the Faculty website.
- Motivation letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. 2 pages). Upload in the field called “Project description”.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, describing research, publication and teaching experience, computational skills and including personal contact information.
- Verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master’s diploma and transcripts of exams, both original and translated into English.
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. Find the form at the Faculty website. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official and verified written assessment of the thesis or dissertation project from the grade giving institution, if the thesis/examination project is evaluated by approved/passed. The statement must clearly state that the candidate has been among the top 30 pct. in the graduation class for the study programme.
- List of publications and maximum 2 examples of relevant publications, in case you have any publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication.
- Reference letters may also be included. You’re welcome to use the form for reference letter at the Faculty website.
About the project/department
The candidate will be integrated in the section SDU Robotics, which is at the core of the Odense Robotics Cluster involving Universal Robots, Mobile Industrial Robots (MIR) and 120+ other companies. We are specialized in robot solutions involving modelling and control of advanced robot technologies. The group is involved in a variety of national and European projects and features a strong network of academic and industrial partners. We solve challenging research problems from real applications and implement novel robot solutions together with end users such as Universal Robots, Terma, LEGO, Danfoss, Bang & Olufsen, Novo Nordisk and Odense University Hospital.
Applicants are required to have a master’s degree (equivalent to a Danish master’s degree) at the time of enrollment and employment. Employment as a PhD fellow is a 3-year salaried position (start salary amounts to approx. 3.378,- EURO per month incl. supplements).
Employment of a PhD fellow can only happen after the Head of the PhD School has approved the candidate for admission to the PhD school. Employment and enrollment will cease without further notice at the end of the period.
Associate Professor Christoffer Sloth
Post expires at 8:59am on Tuesday June 15th, 2021 (GMT+9)